Author's Note

This story is a sequel to "Floating Stars", therefore, may contain some spoilers. If you would like to read "Floating Stars" first please feel free to have a look, then come back!

However, this book is a stand-alone book. You won't need to read "Floating Stars" to understand what is going on in this story.

A century has passed and many laws and traditions have changed over this time. However, the naming traditions of Natanstrelle have not changed.

For those who have not read the first book, (or those who have, but would like a reminder) here is a quick summary of how naming traditions work in Natanstrelle...

Natanstrellean Naming Traditions

⭐ Naming a child⭐

A child is born within their family trade:

1. Biabus-Lus – Food crop farmers.
2. Draoicis-Lus – Magic crop farmers.
3. Sprèintis – Livestock farmers.
4. Slànacus – Healers.
5. Fiosolim – Seers/ Royal advisors.

First-born is named after a parent.

If a boy- named after father – adding “Lius".
If a girl- named after mother – adding “Lia".

Example: Ferrum-Lius Biabus-Lus.

Ferrum - Father's name.
Lius – First son (birth right to one day inherit “Head of Family” status).
Biabus-Lus – Family trade name.

When a boy chooses to join the Emerald Army they are given a new name by the highest ranked of the Army – The Royal's Captain. Every recruit's name begins with “Dìl" meaning “Loyal".

Example: Dìl-Eques

Dìl – Loyal
Eques – Knight.

- If the first-born son decides to join the Emerald Army ranks, the second child gains “Lius/Lia"

- If a first-born's namesake dies, is no longer present by other means or if that individual gets joined to another; they no longer use "Lius/Lia" for they have gained their new household role.

⭐Bonding Ceremonies⭐

The husband gives up his family trade name and takes up the trade name of his wife.

The woman’s given name is changed to reflect that of her husband's.

Example:
Him: Dìl Ferrum
Her: Curae Biabus-Lus

New bonded names-
Him: Ferrum Biabus-Lus
Her: Ferrae Biabus-Lus

- If a younger sibling joins the first-born of a family, no matter what gender they are, they join that family trade.

- If two first-borns of separate families join, the husband joins the wife's family trade.

All of these naming rules do not apply to the crown King or Queen.