Ch.16 Take A Turtle's Advice [ final chapter! ]

The day for Pennywise's so called "ritual" had come. He grabbed you by the wrist and dragged you all the way to an empty field mostly made of dead grass near a highway. You don't know what will happen next.

"Please let go..." You say as Pennywise remains holding onto your wrist.

"Not until it's 3 am. Then I'll let go... we'll all let go..." He looks at the ground, almost regretfully.

You give him a confused look, as you notice a purple glowing light in the center of the field. Pennywise drags you harshly to it without saying anything. You gulp as you both reach the glowing light. The purple light appears to almost be flame-like, otherworldly as one might say. He grins wickedly as the purple flame grows into a purple pentagram.

You're spine shivers and you try breaking loose from Pennywise's grip. But of course, it's as tight as ever.

"Just stop trying Y/N... All of this will go away soon, then everyone will be happy... yes... happy... even-... even me." Pennywise says solemnly. You could swear you see a small tear drip down his cheek for a split second.

From the center of the pentagram, you see a purple throne with iron shackles on the chairs arms arise from the ground. You scream, but no one besides Pennywise appears to hear you.

He drags you violently to the purple throne in the middle of the pentagram, and forces you to sit down on it. He puts your wrists in the shackles and you struggle to break free.

"It will all be over soon Y/N... just you see- just you wait!"

"Stop! Please... you don't have to do this! I don't know what you're doing , but you have to let me go!" You scream.

Pennywise ignores you as you hear him murmur a strange rhyme. The purple pentagram grows even brighter than before, and the purple throne you're sitting in starts slowly sinking into the ground. You scream and struggle to break out of the shackles, but nothing works.

"Help! Please! Pennywise help me! Someone- help!" You yell, as Pennywise turns his back to you and ignores you once more.

You're eyes start streaming tears, and you look into the large hole sucking you into the dry earth. But just before your feet are about to go into the hole, the throne stops moving. Pennywise turns around confused, and you see blood red tears leaking from his eyes.

"Do not be afraid my children..." You hear a calming male voice say.

"No... No!! It can't be.." Pennywise growls loudly.

You see a glowing ancient looking turtle near you. He appears to be the one who stopped the ritual.

"She's mine Maurin! I can do whatever I want to her!" Pennywise hisses.

"That is true, she will be yours to hold and keep. But not for you to do whatever with her. She is not an object. I know your true feelings friend... I didn't think it to be possible. But it is." The turtle known as Maturin says in a wise voice.

"What do you mean 'true feelings?!" She is just a human girl." Pennywise avoids eye contact.

Wow that kinda hurt your feelings :/

"Maybe, but not to you. You love her Pennywise. Admit the truth you cannot see."

You look at Pennywise is shock. Was what this random turtle saying true? Does Pennywise, the demon clown that eats children, love you? And... do you love him back?

Pennywise screams, like you've never heard before. You can hear his pain in it- not physically but mentally. Like as if every sin he had ever done has just processed through his mind.

"FINE! I LOVE HER! BUT IT'S NOT LIKE YOU COULD EVER UNDERSTAND, NOT LIKE ANY OF YOU COULD EVER UNDERSTAND! YOU DON'T KNOW THE PAIN I'VE BEEN THROUGH! THE GUILT STORED DEEP INSIDE OF ME- BUILDING UP FOR YEARS AND YEARS ON END... MY DISCUST IN MY OWN NATURE. I'M A MURDERER, AND I CAN'TEVEN CONTROL IT!" Pennywise falls to his knees as bloody tears roll down his face.

You look at what was happening right now... you couldn't believe it. Pennywise loved you.. and you think you love him to. After everything he did, you still feel like you can forgive him. This is why he kept you alive. Because he loves you.

"Yes, you have sinned greatly. But that does not mean you do not deserve forgiveness, friend."

Pennywise sniffles.

"That doesn't change anything- I'm a MONSTER." He holds out his red stained gloved hands in front of his face.

Maurin approaches Pennywise slowly, and turns into a gentle looking old man. He goes to Pennywise and hugs him. For once, Pennywise let's him. The throne you're in dissapears  along with the pentagram, and you ustand up. You have a chance to run away. To be gone forever, and probably have Pennywise never find you again. But you don't- you can't.

You walk over to Pennywise and Maturin and Pennywise looks up at you. Tears leak from your eyes and you hug him. He hugs you back weakly. You lift his chin up with your hand and gently kiss him on the lips. He kisses you back.

"I love you to."

After everyone apologizes to eachother, Maturin gives you and Pennywise matching glowing turtle necklaces.

( the one in the chapter picture)

He says it's for good luck, and it will help Pennywise's instincts stop making him eat kids and consuming fear. Maturin leaves, knowing that he has turned his sworn enemy good, and helped him in ways even he could not possibly imagine.

You walk to the Bill's house with Pennywise. You hold his hand and he blushes with suprise. You knock on Bill's door as he and the Loser's club answer it. They scream as they see Pennywise, and you have to explain what happened.

Once you tell them everything they're still very skeptical, and still mad.  Eddie runs to the toilet and pukes in the presence of Pennywise. You can see the regretful expression on Pennywise's face and you hug him.

The Losers Club eventually start to forgive Pennywise and feel empathy for him when he tells them his story. Everyone besides Bill, that is. He still can't get over Georgies death. He strays from the group and is never heard from again. There's perks of being friends with a now, vegetarian clown with 'powers'. Everyone in the Loser's Club grows to like him and his presence and do not fear him anymore. You and Pennywise decide to date, and ALMOST everyone lives happily ever after... For now ;)

                        THE END