Chapter 9

A blazing fireball nearly grazed the side of my cheek as I tilted my head effortlessly to the right. As I said before,  I've already been in this fight and beat it countless times.

Toriel countinues to throw flurrys of magic towards my direction with half intent on hitting me. She doesnt wish to kill me, but mearly scare me. My eyes focus on the blazing balls of fire that were now heading in my direction and easily squeeze my body between the small gaps between the attacks. Not once did I get hit during that turn.

As Toriels turn finished, mine soon began. The fimilar plain menu pops up infront of me as it awaits my command. Four options showed under the large diolouge box that read FIGHT, ACT, ITEM, and MERCY. I reach my hand towards the white mercy button and lightly push it.

As another colorless menu pops up showing me two options, I procced to push the spare button. Toriels face becomes one of confusion from my choice, but she is determined to make me stay, so she still continues to carry on with her predictable attacks.

This turn though, seemed to be easier as if she isn't putting as much effort into hitting me as before.

This fight countinued like this until Toriel finally decided to give up her attempt on persuading me. She dissipointly layed down her arms and spared me. I then procceded to spare her in return.

After our fight ended, Toriel gracefully kneeled on the stone ground and motioned me with her hand to approch her.

I silently sigh at the idea of yet another boring, sentimental speech from none other than Toriel. I still tend to walk towards Toriel and stand eye level with her.

"My child... Im sorry I attacked you... I just needed to know if you were ready for the dangerous world outside the ruins." She sighs and looked at the uninteresting stone floor beneath her and then stared at me in the eyes.
"Please understand, that once you exit through those doors there is more challenging puzzles and fights waiting ahead of you."

I nod my head up and down in response to her little speech, while I queitly roll my eyes in my head.

She then lifts her arms into a hugging position as she motions me into her embrace. I carefully lean into her hug and wrap my uninjured arms around her waist. She proceeds to do the same as she starts to sniffle.

"I have full faith in you my child." She pauses before she says her next line.

"But once you leave, please... do not return." And with that she pulls away from the embrace and lifts her body from the floor. She than turns swiftly around towards the hallway she once chased me down.

"Goodbye... my child." With that, she starts walking down the purple hallway as her loud footsteps echo off the walls.

After waiting until I could no longer hear her footsteps, I turn towards the doors that lead to the exit and procceded to push on them.

As if they were magic, they effortlessly pushed open as if they were commanded by Toriel. With one final sigh, I walk into the next room and prepare myself for the journey ahead of me.