Prologue

Ink sighed once more, bored out of his mind. He couldn't bare white spaces for long, but even then, he tried to check on the Anti-Void every now and then. He didn't have much luck.

Three months ago, the Multiverse shook to its core, a huge wave of resets took place and every Sans was trapped inside their AU for about a month before they could access the multiverse once again. No one was truly sure what happened and not everyone came back at the same time, sure, but Ink was bored and he had been mostly alone in the Doodle Sphere all that time (Palette didn't want to talk to him anymore, did he do something? Ink probably forgot about it). He wanted to go and help the creators, but more than that, he just wanted to go and bug Error for a bit before going back to their eternal battle for the fate of the AUs.

But when he went to the Anti-Void, there was only white.

Sure, this was normal, Ink told himself back then. It is the Anti-Void for a reason. Surely, he just opened a portal too far from Error's living space. Except, he checked the coordinates and it was the same one he always used. Weird.

Ink stepped inside, unnerved because of the whiteness of it all. Just a quick check and then he would find Error, everything would be alright then. But he didn't find him. He walked around a little and sure, he saw Error's bean bag and the box where he put his knitting stuff. No sign of the black-boned skeleton, though. 

Looking up, Ink noticed his jaw dropping. The blue strings that were used to trap the human's souls of the destroyed AU's were decaying little by little, red tinted souls of drained determination just floating around.

"What the..."
___________________________________________

So, yeah, it had been three months since Ink saw Error, two since the confirmation of this supposed disappearance. But where would he be? He had been fine before The Incident TM in the multiverse, so...? And it hadn't only been him, no one else had seen him since, he had asked around. He even forgot he had asked someone and asked a second time for good measure until he started a new list on his scarf for this.

Weird, he usually remembered everything that was related to Error in some way, no matter how small.

Blue seemed worried when he told him of the situation in their last Star Sanses meeting. Dream, on the other hand, said that this was not the first time Error up and vanished for a period of time so it wasn't something to worry about. That seemed to calm Blue, but not so much Ink. He was tempted to tell them about what he saw with the strings and the red souls, but knowing Dream, he would try and free them. Given the fact that they didn't have an AU anymore and they didn't seem to have enough determination for a reset, Ink decided to keep it to himself for the moment. Maybe later he would try and ask Sci about it for a solution. 

He was still worried about the absence of Error. It didn't seem normal and something didn't feel right to Ink. Ironic for a soulless being, but he trusted his instincts. He had asked Fresh, too, but his glasses just went blank and he went away without saying anything. 

Heck, he even had gone to the trouble of letting himself be kidnapped by Nightmare’s gang for a limited period of time to ask about Error. Nothing. If anything, Ink asking had unsettled them and they just kicked him back to a random AU.

Just where could Error be?

___________________________________________

Goth and Palette were very much in love. This fact was known to a lot of monsters across the realm of the gods and even more in the multiverse. Lots of people were happy with this couple and even encouraged them to get together. There was this unspoken rule between all the Sanses that those two were going to end up together no matter what, so they were left alone to their antics for the most part.

A lot of Sanses were happy that two children of the most powerful monsters were going to be together, especially since they were so cute and sweet with each other. The son of the Protector and the Guardian of Positivity with the son of Death and… someone else. No one was quite sure about the godly skeleton’s mate since he has been alone for a long time. Some people recall a glitch, red liquid dripping on white bones, static in a smooth voice, a long red scarf lovingly caressed.

In the end, no one was quite sure and the thought of going to the god of Death and asking about it seemed suicidal for a lot of reasons. It would make some sense given Goth’s looks though.

Palette was just excited about seeing his friend again after two months of no contact with anyone else that wasn’t his father. Ink wasn’t a bad father, but being stuck with him two months straight without anyone else was rather… draining. Which was, in part, why he was so happy to be with Goth again!

Goth, in the other hand, was not so thrilled. Sure, he missed Palette a lot and wanted nothing more than to be with him but…There was this little detail that he didn’t want anyone else to find out about.

“So, you’re seriously meeting up with that abomination of a kid?”

This insane Sans (and why were his bones black? How did that even work, like, seriously) was haunting him.

Him, a Grim Reaper.

Granted, he was still in training, and sure, he shouldn’t have tried to reap his soul and asked his dad Reaper to come and do it, but it seemed wrong at the time. Now, not only had he failed, but the spirit of the Sans had attached itself to him for some insane reason.

"You could do so much better than that kid, with him having a pair of morons for parents and all. The apple doesn't fall far from the tree... Oh my stars, I need to tell that to Nightmare one day."

So, yes. He, a literal God of Death, was being haunted. What even was his life.