Introducing Mr. Glitch

Static filled the air and, honestly, Goth was so done with everything that he just sort of ignored it, even if it was hard. The glitchy sound as background was giving him a headache, but surprisingly it didn't feel weird. He was sure it should have been annoying but he wasn't about to complain.

Looking at the black skeleton thing that has been following him this whole time, he was confused. Yeah, the snark got tiring real fast, but for a failed reaping this situation didn't add up to him at all. With Chaos in Reapertale, it corrupted the soul of their Chara and she gained some power over death that she shouldn't have. It was a nightmare dealing with her, but it was because he knew the full history between that Chara and his dad that he just felt... lost.

Reaper and Chara weren't connected, not like he and this skeleton were anyways. In fact, half the problems caused were because Reaper couldn't find Chara quickly enough, there wasn't a deep link. So why couldn't this skeleton and himself be apart?

They had tried, oh gods they had, it just hurt so darn much that it wasn't worth it. Goth was secretly grateful that they stopped trying to force themselves to be apart because it caused him to glitch. That was always uncomfortable and borderline painful.

The monster with that darned soul fragment he tried to reap was glitching too, constantly in fact, but it was because of the error signs that covered him. Good things was that when Goth glitched, it seemed to spark the other's curiosity enough to override common sense and be near him. Bad things was, he was bombarded with snarky commentary and questions he either didn't have an answer to or were just sensitive topics.

Like the topic of his glitch status, his death touch, Reapertale or Palette.

Not like the black skeleton seemed to care much about how Goth felt about something before trying to butt in to put his own two cents.

“Okay, first, some ground rules” said Goth sternly. “When I'm with Palette or dad, please be silent. I don't need anyone giving me weird looks because I'm talking to thin air. I may be able to bullshit about everyone except those two.”

Error snorted. “And why do ya think I'm gonna listen to ya'? I don't funking care, glitch boi.”

Glitch boi? He may look like a kid but he sure wasn't, darn it! He was a teen! So what if he was a bit little? So was every other Sans out there in existence... Or most of them anyways, but the point stands!

“Ugh, why didn't I ask dad for help with the reaping!”

“Pf, look kid, let me tell you something and I ain't gonna repeat myself twice, so listen closely, 'kay?” Goth said nothing in response, the tension between the two rising to a deafening echo of static and uneasiness. “I die, when I say I die.”

“But that's not how it works!” yelled Goth in indignation. So the guy was a bit determined, okay, that didn't give him the right to disrespect his family's duty that way.

“I didn't say ya had to be happy with it, it's how it is” Goth sputtered, trying to defense himself or to rebute that claim, even he wasn't sure. “But given that you're a glicth and I am too, didn't ya think that's where our problem comes from?”

Silence... And then.

“OMG, HOW DIDN'T I THINK OF THAT?!”

“So, yeah, there's a possible explanation for it there, happy?” The black boned skeleton just rolled his eye-lights in mock irritation.