The Blind Banker (Part 4)

Vaness went shopping for her clothes after John left to go to his job interview. She didn't take long. So when she arrives back at 221B, Sherlock looked at her and said, "You're early."

"I don't like shopping." She said.

"Clearly." Sherlock said looking at her clothes in disgust.

"Hey! I don't look or dress bad." She said indignantly. "I just dont like shopping."

"I didn't say anything." Sherlock said smirking.

"Yeah, right." She said frowning.

She placed her shopping bags on the sofa, that was her bed for now, and walk towards John's seat, taking the pen in the coffee table and handing it to Sherlock.

"Just continue your deduction on those pictures. I'll take care of my clothes." She said walking back to the sofa.

Sherlock has printed out the photographs of the graffiti near and across Sir William’s portrait and has stuck them around the mirror above the fireplace. He is sitting on one of the dining chairs with his back to the dining table. He has his fingers steepled under his chin and is staring at the photos while various symbols in different languages flash in front of his mind’s eye.

"Where did you first end up in?" Sherlock asked suddenly.

She contemplates for a bit but then said, "Harry Potter. Don't really know if it exists here, the books."

"Wizards and magic. Do you have magic?" Sherlock asked.

Vaness took a thin wood, hidden in her arm, and whispered a spell. All her new clothes folded itself messily.

"Yes. But it's weak. It was stronger in that dimension." She looks at Sherlock.

"I acquire different things from different dimensions. If I need it. But sometimes I don't. Don't ask me how because I don't know. I didn't really bother to know. Yeah it's cool I have magic, but it drains me almost immediately. I can't use for more than a spell a day." She explains.

Sherlock nodded and turned back to the photographs. Vaness layed down on the sofa, it really drained her.

John walks in from the landing and drops his jacket onto his armchair. 

"I went to see about a job at that surgery." John said, walking towards the photographs. "Shopping went well Vaness?" He asks.

"Yes it was, a bit tiring though." Vaness answered.

"How was it?" Sherlock asked John.

"It’s great. She’s great." John answered absently, making Vaness giggle and Sherlock frown.

"Who?" Sherlock asked.

"The job." John answered not looking at either of them.

“She?" Sherlock asked.

"It." John answered still not looking.

Sherlock looks at him suspiciously for a moment, then jerks his head to his right.

"Here, have a look." He said.

John walks over to the table and looks at the web page on the open computer. The lead article on the ‘Online News’ page is headlined, “Ghostly killer leaves a mystery for police.” Next to it is a photograph of the bald man, and the article reads: An intruder who can walk through walls murdered a man in his London apartment last night. Brian Lukis, 41, a freelance journalist from Earl’s Court was found shot in his fourth floor flat but all his doors and windows were locked and there were no apparent signs of a break in. A police spokesman said they are still uncertain how the assailant broke in...