A Scandal in Belgravia (Part 1)

Sherlock was aiming the pistol down at the bomb, holding Vaness at his side while John was standing not far from them. Sherlock and Moriarty stare at each other. Vaness was gripping at Sherlock's side, her eyes still closed. It was an intense atmosphere. That is, until the introduction to The Bee Gees’ song “Stayin’ Alive” begins to play tinnily. Sherlock and John look around, confused, Vaness sighed, relieved. Jim briefly closes his eyes and sighs in exasperation.

"D’you mind if I get that?" Jim said annoyed.

"No, no, please. You’ve got the rest of your life." Sherlock replied nonchalantly.

Jim takes his phone from his pocket and answers it. Sherlock felt Vaness calm down. He realized that means they were safe.

"Hello? ... Yes, of course it is. What do you want?"

He mouths ‘Sorry’ at Sherlock, who sarcastically mouths ‘Oh, fine’ back at him. Jim rolls his eyes as he listens to the phone, turning away from Sherlock for a moment, then he spins back around, his face full of fury.

"SAY THAT AGAIN!" Jim yelled loudly at the phone.

Sherlock frowns, he turns a questioning glance at Vaness, she just gave him a small smile.

Jim talked venomously, into phone,"Say that again, and know that if you’re lying to me, I will find you and I will ssssskin you."

He hisses out the ‘s’ of ‘skin.’ Sherlock briefly looks round at John.

"Wait." Jim said into the phone.

Lowering the phone, he begins to walks forward. Sherlock looks at the bomb jacket and fretfully adjusts the grip on his pistol as Jim approaches. Jim stops at the jacket and gazes down at the floor thoughtfully before lifting his eyes to Sherlock.

"Sorry. Wrong day to die."

"Oh. Did you get a better offer?" Sherlock asked him casually.

Jim looks down at the phone, then turns and slowly starts to walk away.

"You’ll be hearing from me, Sherlock." He strolls back around the pool towards the door through which he originally came, lifting the phone to his ear again.

"So if you have what you say you have, I will make you rich. If you don’t, I’ll make you into shoes." They heard him talk to the phone.

Reaching the door, he raises his free hand and clicks his fingers. Instantly all the lasers focused on Sherlock, Vaness and John disappear. As Jim walks through the door and vanishes from sight, Sherlock looks around the gallery but apparently can see no sign of the retreating snipers. John sighs out a relieved breath.

"What happened there?" John asked.

"Someone changed his mind. The question is: who?" Sherlock said turning to Vaness.

"I can't." She said quietly, careful that Jim someone else may hear.

Vaness drew Sherlock's coat tightly around her body, she was shaking. That may have gone all wrong just because of her presence. She took a deep breath, that was one thing she was thankful of Irene Adler of.

221B BAKER STREET. MAY 30

The incident in the pool was discussed once then they dropped it. It was never talked about again. The hug? It was never repeated, nor talked about. John didn't even use it to tease Vaness. He noticed, ofcourse, that Sherlock and Vaness grew closer, yet seemingly platonic. No hugs, even the holding hands stopped, Whenever Sherlock would grab to pull her, he seems to ba careful to only hold her arm. Vaness