The Blind Banker (Part 5)

221B.

Sherlock is standing at the fireplace again. The mirror is now almost completely covered because he has added several sheets of paper with various ciphers and pictograms on them. He has his head lowered and is consulting a book.

Vaness sat on John's couch while John was standing beside Sherlock. He's not in a bad mood because he didn't get caught. Vaness told him earlier what would have happened and they laughed it off.

"What do these cyphers mean Sherlock?" John asks tiredly.

"That's what we need to find out." There was a glint in his eyes, he's got an idea.

He turned to face John, "I need you to go to the police station, ask about the journalist."

"Okay, I'll go." John moved towards the door.

"Wait." Sherlock said, "bring Vaness with you so she can flirt with Dimmock, it would be faster that way." He said.

Vaness raised an eyebrow but didn't say anything. She stood up and walked towards John.

"Oh, Jesus!" John exclaimed. "Vaness, let's go before he stops us again." John said.

"His personal effects will have been impounded. Get hold of his diary, or something that will tell us his movements." Sherlock said grabbing his coat.

They go downstairs and out onto the street.

"Gonna go and see Van Coon's P.A. If we retrace their steps, somewhere they'll coincide." Sherlock walks off down the street.

John sees a taxi coming around the corner and hails it. As it pulls over to the kerb he sees an Oriental-looking woman with dark hair and wearing dark sunglasses standing on the other side of the road and taking a photograph. Her camera is aimed in his direction. He bends to the taxi driver's window.

"Scotland Yard." He said.

John gets into the back of the taxi and glances round to the other side of the road as he sits down. There is no sign of the woman.

"Did you see the woman?" John asked Vaness.

"No, but I knew she'd be there." She answered.

"Who is she? Was she taking a photograph of me?" John asked worriedly.

"I can't say John, I'm sorry. But she'll be following us around." She explained.

NEW SCOTLAND YARD.

Dimmock is standing at a desk and rummaging through a box of Brian Lukis' possessions. John and Vaness stands at the other side.

"Your friend..." Dimmock says.

"Listen: whatever you say, I'm behind you one hundred percent." John tells him.

"...he's an arrogant sod." Dimmock said.

"Well, that was mild! People say a lot worse than that." John looked at him surprised.

(Dimmock hands Vaness the diary.

"This is what you wanted, isn't it? The journalist's diary?" He asked them.

Vaness gave the diary to John and John takes the diary and flicks through it, opening it at a page which has been bookmarked with a boarding pass to Dalian DLC [Dalian Zhoushuizi International Airport] to London LHR [London Heathrow Airport] on Zhuang Airlines.

LONDON STREETS.

John and Vaness was in the streets as John looked at the diary. Vaness spotted Sherlock and pointed him to John.