Chapter 5: The Dinner

Mew arrived at street 8, the address Gulf sent him. He was already late. His wrist watch showed: eight o'clock and it had been two hours since Gulf had invited him for dinner together.

Gulf was already seated and waiting for him. He was wearing a black satin shirt, looking all neat and tidy and was busy flipping through the menu as Mew was led to the table by a waiter.

"Sorry" Mew said as he sat down. The first scent that tickled his nose was Gulf's sandalwood scent.

"It's alright." Gulf replied. "I've already placed the order for both of us. Would you like to order for yourself instead?" He continued nonchalantly pulling his sleeves up till his elbow.

He handed him the menu across to him but Mew immediately handed it to the waiter.

"I think we're good" he said, "I'll have the water first. "

He drank from the glass already poured for him while the waiter hurried away.

Gulf smiled at him, in a nice way. "Are you sure you're going to like what I ordered? " Gulf asked carrying a grin.

"I'm sure it's not raw fish so I'll be okay with anything other than that. " He replied.

"I like what you're wearing. It suits you"  Gulf said looking at his floral print casual shirt.

"Thanks" He smiled shyly. "You cleaned yourself up very well too"

"Hmm.. All for you" Gulf teased and it made him blush.

He quickly looked away from him and looked around the empty hall and noticed the dark lit ambience and the menacing silence in the entire restaurant. "Are there seriously no customers here tonight? " Mew asked, looking over.

The restaurant was situated in one of the most busiest streets of Bangkok, therefore, he expected it to be more crowded.

"Maybe because it's too late?" Gulf guessed. "Isn't it better though? You and I can have a good time alone. "

Mew looked around his atmosphere once again.  The room was wooden wall, furnished with light brown. It was not too large but of cozy size. The setting of the room was entirely dark but warm especially with only the candlelight on each table. Another breathtaking view was how the lights on the city reflected on the window glasses of the restaurant turning it into the most beautiful view he had seen on Bangkok.

"It's beautiful" He mumbled slowly.

"It is. I was told this is the place where people even view sunset together". Gulf added. " But then our schedule doesn't permit us to see the sunset. But hey, moonlight and stars isn't a bad scene."

"Gulf" Mew solemnly called out and fixed his eyes at him. "Did you reserve the entire restaurant? "

Instantly, Gulf's cheeks flushed, obvious even in the candlelight indicating he caught him.

"This is a date." Mew gasped. He just has his realization and his heart swelled up.

He thought Gulf was behaving unreasonably earlier. The way he left the workshop without waiting for him and later begging him to have dinner with him, it didn't seem like him. But it all make sense now.

"You really do things that are awkward." Mew said tearing up into a smile. It was this sight of Gulf that he cherished. Gulf was unpredictable yet very harmless.

"Awkward? I thought it was romantic". Gulf smirked.

"Oh, Gulf, can I hold your hand?"  Mew whispered while making sure they were alone once again. He was still wary of Gulf being closeted and did not want to push him.