Chapter 11: Clearance

As Gulf hit the road with his heart pounding and aching, he realized how alone he felt. Mark, he remembered. He remembered he haven't even settled the issue with his bestfriend.

Without another thought, he asked the driver to take him straight to Mark's place. How did I mess up? He began contemplating.

He realized it was his insecurity that made him annoyed at Mark. He have always accepted and embraced flamboyant people. His moral grounds were based on equality. And if only, he was open about his sexuality, he would have marked Mew as his own in front of everyone.

And that way, he wouldn't be having this jealous feeling. But then, Arkie was a threat. Mew liked the young man. Were they making up? He feared what if Mew changed his mind about him. He wondered why Arkie was in the picture all of a sudden when everything was going smoothly. But he decided to trust Mew. Don't jump to conclusion yet, Gulf.

"Sir, you're here". The driver awakened him from his reverie.

He paid the driver and hurried off to Mark's apartment. It was already five in the evening and he hoped Mark to be at home by now.

He sighed with relief when he saw Mark right outside his apartment kicking a ball.

"Hey" He stopped the rolling ball with his right foot as Mark looked at him nonchalantly. "Can we talk? " He asked kicking the ball back to him.

"Sure." Mark nodded kicking the ball to a corner. "Here? Or you wanna get inside? "

"Here's fine. " Gulf replied and walked towards the pavement and sat down on the entrance stairs.

"Where were you missing for the past few days? " Mark asked placing his palms on his thighs. As usual, Mark was calm, cool and friendly. The fact that Mark was always articulated in his thought was the reason why their friendship remained strong.

"I went home. I returned only this morning and went straight for shooting. " Gulf answered.

"Oh, so how did the shooting go? "

"It went great. I'm finally picking up what to do as a professional. "

"Cool."

A brief silence followed and it made Gulf highly uncomfortable.

"Mark" He gently glanced at his friend, "I'm sorry for losing the cool the other day. It was unwarranted. "

"You think? " Mark chuckled softly and looked over the distance.

"I didn't realize you were only trying to help me." Gulf stressed on his sincerity.

"It's cool".

"You're right. It doesn't matter whether people look at me as Sister Pay or those flamboyant people. I do love a man. And that counts. We are all the same. "

"You make me uncomfortable when you're being like this, Gulf. "  Mark said pushing his head slowly. "I think there's just so much going inside this head of yours. "

"I do. It's even exhausting at times." He paused for a while and smiled at his loyal friend. "Thanks for being a great friend. It's easier when I know you're always there for me. "

"Cheer up, man. We've been friends for a long time and I'm certain you have my back too. "

Gulf smiled at his friend cherishing the good things that life has given him without asking for it.

"So, are you coming to our graduation night? It's tomorrow". Mark asked.

Gulf jolted. He completely forgot about the convocation. Although he have already started his degree in a new university, his old college upheld many memories. And he would dare not miss it.

" Damn it. I completely forgot it was tomorrow. "

"Have you found a date yet?" Mark asked as they walked inside the house.

***
As Gulf and Mark, began preparing dinner, Mew's call intervened.

Excusing himself, Gulf went outside attaining the call.

"Mew? " He asked, a little tensed.

"Gulf... Where are you? I'm outside your condo". Mew's response came, a little out of breathe.

" I'm at Mark's. It's just a few metres away from mine. "

"Can I come? "

"Alright. I'll wait for you at the gate. "

He ran in to inform Mark who supported his decision.

Anxiously, Gulf stood in the front gate that lead to Mark's. He was terrified but curious. After about three minutes later, Mew finally pulled up his black car.

He came out of his car with a messy hair. "Gulf.. " He called and without a warning rushed in for a tight hug.

"Mew... "

"I'm sorry" He whispered, sighing in relief and pulled away from him. "Did you got here without a problem? "

"I did. I'm fine. "

"Let's talk. " Mew suggested holding his hands firmly.

Gulf intertwined his fingers with Mew's and walked to the stairs where he and Mark sat earlier.

"You're not mad at me, are you? " Cautiously, Mew asked as they sat down.

"Depends on what you have to say. " Gulf answered calmy.

"My dad... he wanted to reconcile with me. And he thought he could do that by putting Arkie in contract with me. " Mew narrated. "He's not from entertainment world, but his wealth and power gets him whatever he wants. "

"Hmm... " Gulf mummed remembering why Mr. Suppasit handed him the card.

"Arkie was pressured. Dad stripe him off a contract he was in and replaced him with me. He thought we had a thing. But Arkie and I are past and none of us wants to do anything with each other. "

Hearing that, Gulf heart swelled.

"It's all good now. And like I promised, today will be the last day I'll talk to you about him. Today is the last day I'll be seeing him. " Mew said pouring his hazel-brown eyes into him. "I'm sorry for all the troubles I caused you. "

"Thanks Mew. " Gulf pouted his head. "Are things now okay with your dad? "

"I told him about us. It doesn't matter what he thinks about me anymore. He'd love to help me with my studio. "

"I'm glad to hear that. " Gulf expressed his happiness genuinely. He was glad to realize that both their families were finally in acceptance of them. But Gulf decided to keep the good news a surprise.

"So, I saw you and Arkie together and I was not happy." Gulf said lifting his eyes up at Mew, "But I'm now convinced that we belong to each other".

" Gulf... "

"I do love you, Mew. You mean so much to me. " Gulf smirked and pulled his man into a hug.

"Thank you, Gulf. Thank you". Mew whispered sniffing deep into his bare neck. " I love you. " He whispered.

"Anyway, Would you like to go with me tomorrow somewhere? " Gulf asked as they pulled apart.

"Where? "

"Tomorrow is my convocation. Come with me as my date. "

***

See you on the final chapter ❤

Thanks for reading, voting and commenting