Chapter 12: Convocation

Mew put on his luxurious white suit along with a black tie. I'd love to see you on white, it was what Gulf had said earlier in the day when he asked about the theme of the convocation's after-party.

A sudden excitment bestowed upon him when he realized Gulf was actually taking him as his date in his graduation party. It meant, they were somehow going public about their relationship even though, people will assume they are just friends.

Moreover, their role as couple in the series was going to make things easier because, the fans or the media or people,  in general will only assume, it's all part of their series promotion. Hence, even if they acted as a couple, there really won't be any suspicion.

"Mew? Honey? " His mother came knocking on the door. "Gulf's here". His mother said and it palpitated his heart.

"I'll be there in a second". He said, finally fixing his hair and slipped into his white blazer.

Excited, he ran out of the door and pumped into his mother, right outside of his room.

"Calm down, he's not going away anytime soon". His mother laughed.

Mew chuckled softly, and squeezed her cheeks. "I love you Maa. See you". He said winking at her and dashed down the stairs.

Once Mew reached downstairs, his mind went blank on seeing his man.

Gulf had always look handsome in his eyes. But this time, he was taken aback by his charm and the exquisite black and white suit along with the red tie; it caught him speechless.

"Wow" He approached the younger man closer and the sandalwood scent tickled his nose. "Do you plan on taking all the attention away tonight?" He asked smirking.

"It's defence mechanism. I can't have people eyeing you...not when we're together" Gulf whispered slyly.

"Is that the reason why you ask me to wear white? " Mew played along.

"White makes me look like a kid. I'd love to see myself as a man tonight and black does that for me. " Gulf answered. "Besides, I'm taking you as my date, not you. "

Mew laughed aloud. Gulf's wit was not only attractive but infectious.

"Let's get going already. Is Mark with you? " He asked turning serious.

"Yes. He's in the car and has a date tonight. Selena".

****
The ride to the destination was much more fun than expected. Mark, as usual was candid, friendly and supportive.

While, Selena, who actually was the most talkative among them was cheerful to be with. She was pretty, although not the smartest when it comes to understanding the flirtings exchanged between Mew and Gulf.

But overall, it was a fine ride.

When they reached the venue, Mew noticed, he indeed grabbed a lot of attentions. After all, he was a well-known star. But, what impressed him more was noticing how Gulf was almost all his classmate's favorite person. He realized, it was because, Gulf was honest, decent and had no evil in him.

"Let's get in" Someone, whom Gulf has introduced as 'August' suggested loudly as a lady in a black dress held his arms. He recalled, the lady name was May.

Almost, everyone had an opposite gender date. He looked at Gulf's friend, Senty and Tia and each of them had their own significant others. In fact, among all of Gulf's friends, he was singled out without a girl by his side. And he wondered what if coming with Gulf was the right decision.

But his doubts were short-lived when Gulf walked up to him, stood to his right and smiled at him. "Let's get in" He said and marched into the entrance gate side by side.

The only thing he heard was how the flashes of the camera intensified as they walked inside.

***
Inside, they sat around a round table. There was Mark, August, Senty, Tia and Gulf whom they call each other as 'best mates' and beside each of them sat Selena, May, Pearls, Starlet and himself respectively. It was a perfect five couple table.

But what was more alluring was the excitement inside the huge hall. There were red and white balloons, almost like a valentine's day celebration, good music and good drinks. The atmosphere was lively, fun and joyful. And it touched the string of his heart.

"I hope it's not that disappointing, Mew" asked August making him the centre of attention.

"I think it feels like home. It makes me remember my good-old days. ' he said, genuinely.

" It's amazing someone like you could make it to such occasion " May added.

"Gulf and you are really close, aren't you?" Senty chimed in.

"We are. Our work allows us to be close" He answered diplomatically.

"Are you sure? " Skeptically, Tia asked raising his eyebrows although it was not intended to be serious.

Mew just smiled at them silently and sipped his drinks.

"Mew?" Suddenly, Gulf stood up and all the nine pairs of eyes fixed at him, "May I have the dance?" He asked giving his hands.

And the only thing he could do was widen his eyes in shock.

"And guys?" Gulf continued, "stop speculating anymore. Mew and I, we are a thing." He said winking his eyes and the entire table abrupt into cheers and teases.

Gulf indeed officially confirmed their relationship in front of all his friends.

"Shall we? " Gulf repeated and a speechless Mew took his hand and followed his man to the stage for dance as the people on the table send them away with cheers, applauds and laughters.

"Are you sure this is a good idea? " Mew asked as they stand under the dimlight and Gulf placed his hands on his shoulder.

"Why, does it make you nervous?" Gulf asked confidently.

And this time, an overjoyed Mew decided to  no longer be awed by his man. As he has expected, Gulf was safe and genuine.

"Not anymore." He whispered placing his hands on his waist and pulled him closer.

"Desperate, aren't we? " Gulf teased as his body hit on his chest and it gained him a soft chuckle.

"I can't wait to do things to you tonight" Slyly Mew whispered as they gently moved their body along with the soft music.

"I'm gonna have to pass on that" Gulf said.

"Why? "

"Because we are meeting my parents tonight"

"What? " Mew completely turn stoned.

"My parents said they'd love to meet you"

A completely stunned Mew Suppasit stared at his  twenty one year old boyfriend in awe admiring the courage, the bravery and the sheer honesty, he possessed.

For the first time, he believed in himself that he was with the right person.

And no matter what happens in the future, he promised himself to fight together with him in every high and low.

****

The End ❤

Thanks for being with me in this beautiful journey again.
I totally loved and appreciated each of your comments.
Thank you once again.

Also if you're interested, do check my other MewGulf fictions:

One week, he said: a game of marriage

Four hearts, One Home

The Other Side of Friendship