Epilogue

~18 Years Later~

"Don't drink that, brat! You'll be up for days!"

The 10 year old huffs, putting the Monster down. He scowled at Carson, Carson just rolled his eyes playfully with a gentle smile.

"But Dad lets me drink coffee, why can I drink this?"

Carson blinks, picking up the Monster. He didn't know Alex let their son drink coffee, but it probably wasn't often, especially since he was young "Because energy drinks can ruin your stomach from all the chemicals."

"Then why do you drink them?"

Before Carson could reply, the front door opens, two sweet giggles filling the air. He instantly smiles, his eyes flickering to the door.

The two girls skipped into the room, hyped up on caffeine and sugar. One was holding iced coffee, the other had a lollipop in their mouth.

"Alex!" Carson groans, "you gave them sugar and coffee?"

His husband popped into the room, smiling innocently at Carson. "No, Riley gave them candy. Dawn and I wanted coffee, no harm done."

Carson groans softly again, looking at their youngest daughter. "Ashley, how much sugar did you have?"

The six year old looks at the lollipop, humming softly. "Uncle Riley and Aunt Savannah made us cupcakes!"

Of course they did... Carson sighs, looking at Alex, who was drinking coffee.

"They better eat their dinner or I'm blaming you."

Alex waves it off, "they'll eat their dinner, right girls?" Dawn and Ashely nodded their heads rapidly. "See!"

The blonde blinks, nodding Alex over. His husband smiled, walked over, and pressed a kiss to Carson's lips.

The two younger ones complained while Dawn admired her Dad's relationship. She thought it was precious and thought it was an example of true love.

Ashley jumped into Carson's lap, grabbing his arm. She loved his arms, they were covered in colorful tattoos. Her favorite was the ones of her and her siblings names with their finger baby finger prints.

Dawn Lindsey James-Howard

Carter Rey James-Howard

Ashley Nichole James-Howard

"Wait, I want cupcakes!" Carter had to stay home with Carson because he had homework to finish. He's not doing so well in school. "I wanted to see Aunt Savannah and Harley! And Uncle Riley and Trey!"

Alex ruffled Carter's soft, brown hair, "I brought some home. You can have them after dinner. And Aunt Harley and Uncle Trey were at work, you didn't miss much."

Ashely spun Carson's wedding ring around, looking at the small, pink heart with the letter A above it.

The girl read all the colorful letters on Carson's arms, tracing the faded, white marks underneath. She would always ask about them but always get the same answer.

"I'll tell you when you're older."

When Dawn was younger, before Carson got a million tattoos, she always asked about the scars. She learned about them a few years ago when Alex and Carson told her about how they got together.

Ashely pulls on the rubber bracelets, the same bracelets Alex gave Carson before they started dating

"Can I put it on?" Her dad nodded, slipping one off. She handed Carson her lollipop to hold, fumbling with the wristband. "Where did you get this from?"