Chapter 10

What good would a mission be if you didn't try ending your own life's existence?

Kambe had gone first, the tough string quaintly supporting his weight because it did the job of pulling him right where the hook was attached. The kids that were labeled as the 'spectators' cheered because the tool that was used had stimulated their easily-impressed young minds. Next was Haru, and he embarrassingly made a fool out of himself due to him wanting to wow the kids even more than Kambe.

"Hey kids, you might want to leave or turn your heads for a second." The children that were watching you became confused by your wordings. What was it that you would do that would be too gruesome for them to see?

It was great that you lad let Haru come before you or else he would've endeavored to hinder you again from continuing the plan that you had in mind. You had thrown the contraption right where you were supposed to, and before it had managed to pull you upwards, you wrapped the rest of the string around your neck instead of keeping it held between your hands like its intended use.

The next thing you knew, all of the youngsters that were once watching you all screamed, your act imprinting a memory in their brain that would scar them for a long time.

"I knew it!" Haru tried to remember why he hadn't even thought for a second that you would come up with something like this. You on the other hand swayed limply to the sides because of the wind that blew dragging you along with it. Kambe was still. He might have been exposed to you being like this for a number of times already, but he couldn't just get used to it and act on it immediately as his male colleague did. When he snapped out of his shock, he was just about to come to your aid, as expected, since Haru had his presence of mind activated when being with you, the latter had beaten him to it.

"Another failure." You would've tried cutting off the string and that would result in you hopefully falling to your death, but you were working on an assignment, so you would have to save this for another time. Next time for sure, you would be with someone else instead of being alone like this.

.

.

Once the communicator had tuned in to channel three, you three were able to hear what plan the first division was concocting.

"... Once the sniper is ready, we'll taker him down."

They ain't got no chill, huh. "Can you put me through?" You asked through the gadget knowing that HEUSC would be able to do what you have just requested. The AI confirmed when he had connected your line to the other division. Now, you could say whatever you want and they would be able to hear it.

"Yo, Takei."

"Y/n?" Dumbass, of course it was you. Who would have this enchanting voice other than yourself?

"Ms. L/n? How were you able to connect to this line?" Hoshino inquired. You would have loved to answer him, but his question was useless when there were much more important things to discuss on hand.

"That kid... I sat with him through the entire ride, and if I had known that he was a lunatic, I would've poisoned the food that I had given him," okay, you might be straying from the topic but you had to let this out of your system. "Anyway, he's just a kid, and the woman he had shot might not even be dead. Try talking to him first," you advised because right now, you had no authority to order them around.

"Miss L/n... Just leave this to us. I know that you are a very capable person, but we can handle this. You can see what kind of person he really is if you watch his live stream on ChainTube." And the chief had intervened with repeating Hoshino's first sentence.

See, this was why you had purposely evicted yourself from that division. They were too high-handed because of their positions and wouldn't even try to take whatever help their colleagues from other divisions were trying to give them because, in their puny little head, those that were not from their division were of a lower level.

Kambe from behind you commanded the Artificial Intelligence to play the video, and so he did. His watch also had the specifications of being a projector, so he had used it to roll the video showing that the criminal for the day was really broadcasting on a platform for videos.

"Please share this video of the Shinkansen hostage situation!"

Oh, he actually was a crazy bitch. What a pleasant surprise.

The video continued with Hoshino entering the scene as he sought to try and obstruct the teen from continuing with what he was doing any further.

"Darn it, what should we do?" In the short time of Haru interacting with the boy, he never had picked up any bad intentions from him. So for him to see a young adult like this throwing his life for what, money? It made him sympathize for what this juvenile was going through to be forced to break the law.

"What do you want to do?" Kambe queried to no one, but you knew that he was directing this to you.

What do you want to do? He was young, and you couldn't say that he'd have a bright future after doing something like this, but he had so many years left remaining for him to live out.

"I don't know, put a ghost pepper in his mouth and place a gag on his mouth to prevent him from taking it out or even put mustard and spicy catsup on his nostrils and ears for doing something so moronic. Yet even with that...

"I... I don't want that kid to die."

Haru's eyes softened when you said that. Sometimes, you just said things tha-

"Dying is too rewarding for someone like him. Ah, just thinking about him reaching that point makes me feel so jealous!"

Haru retracted it all back.

.

.

Now on the train once more, Hoshino's eyes increased in size when he saw you leaning on the back door with an unreadable look on your visage. One of the officers who were watching the video on the tablet alerted the chief that you were there.

"Y/n, can you hear me?"

"Ye."

"Someone released smoke outside so snipe shooting is called off. So now, you'll have to shoot him. I'll take full responsibility."

"... With pleasure."

You slid the door open with a loud bang, catching the attention of the young man who had the barrel of his gun pointed at the head of the elderly woman. The chief who had also started watching the event take place live facepalmed when he saw you just barge in without a warning.

You had your gun aimed at the teen. 'Huh?! Another one? Do you really want me to kill this woman?" He said with cringy acting.

"This is getting old really fast. Just let go of the woman and we can have all the time in the world having fun while trying to blow off each other's heads. Tell you what, my co-worker will even pay for your sister's expenses if you give up yourself." You didn't walk closer to him but stayed rooted on your position because the nearer that you go to him, the more he'd get agitated and might probably really shoot the woman unintentionally.

"H...how did you know that?! Just shut up or I'll kill her and you!" He roared.

Kill?

"Such big words. Are you ready to back them up? You haven't killed anyone yet, so what makes you think that you can pull the trigger unlike me who's had years of experience?" You chuckled before placing your pointer finger on the trigger. You already told him about Kambe giving enough money for his sister's bills yet he just wouldn't listen. Sure, Kambe himself didn't even say this yet, but you were certain that he would so why wait?

"You're just bluffing."

"Oh, really?" You were starting to get riled up because this was taking longer than it should've. As if he'd be able to beat someone like you who had an intimate relationship with guns. Why couldn't he just fucking surrender so that things would be over with?

"At first, I wanted to keep your useless self alive. But after talking to you like this, you seem so broken and tired with life. Do you perhaps want me to end your suffering with this gun?"

And as the aura around you started getting darker and darker, Haru who was watching everything had felt alarm and trepidation.

At first, he didn't even consider that you were telling the truth before. But now that you're in action?

He was seeing the you from the mafia.