Chapter 11

Bang

The bullet whished past the teen and Hoshino's head, subsequently lodging itself on the wall behind the two.

"Do you think I'm going to hold back just because you're a kid? The next time I shoot, it's going to be aimed at your skull." The atmosphere was so tense that most of the people on the train found it difficult to breathe, affrighted that with one sound made, your glower would be diverted to them.

"T...This is the only way for me to save her." With your impeccable vision, the obvious trembling of his hands was palpable. How piteous his life was. "Now." You heard Kambe's voice through the telecommunication. Simultaneously, the oldies were chanting incantations to summon the devil, having gotten over their fear of you and had made the choice to try and help you by showing the hidden power of the 'Yokoitsu' fan club.

The time had come for the idol band to appear, and with their sparkling entrance, their fans had wasted no time and rushed towards the window to witness the final concert of those whom they admire so much. The hostage had been given enough strength because of the power of love to leave the hold of the brat. Hell, the lady who was presumed as dead had even stood up just to see the show!

With the young man's toy gun flying away because of the sheer force emitted by the elder woman who had escaped from him. He scurried to take the gun on the ground that was authentic this time and had pointed it at you. "A few minutes ago, this was interesting. But now, it's getting too boring for my taste." You threw the weapon to the side since its purpose as entertainment for you was now gone.

Why use something like that when you had your own abilities which you were quite proud of?

You lunged at him with such speed that none of those that were watching the view had been able to catch your movements. Within a few seconds max, the teen was binded with a cordage that you were saving to use in the future but was now wasted on him. "Had to do this because who knows what you might still have up your sleeve," you said in an uncaring manner, but on the inside, you wanted to die. Well, you always did, but that was beside the point. You were complaining because that was your finest piece of rope and you had used it on such a useless endeavor.

The kid was soon apprehended and the Task Force had taken him into custody. And like what you had prophesied, Kambe had told him that he'd be the one paying for the cost of his sister's hospital fees.

You'd say this was a case finally solved, but there was one more thing that you couldn't let go just like that.

Tapping the shoulder of a random officer, you had gotten his attention so it was now or never.

"That rope's important to me, so can I get it back?" The officer complied without a word. But even they couldn't stop the questions that were running a marathon in their heads. How could a rope be this valuable to someone for them to retrieve it? No, no, scratch all of that. What was a young girl like you even planning to do with it? Hang yourself on a ceiling?

Just a while ago, you'd name this mission as a failure because you lost something very dear to you, but now?

... It was a fucking success.

.

.

Kambe, Hoshino, and you were still aboard the transportation. You would've left already but you still had some unfinished business to take care of so here you were.

"Mr. Kambe, right? Thank you." Hoshino bowed, but the one he addressed had merely brushed him off.

"Y/n," Hoshino called out to you as you and the man in the suit walked past him, with Kambe walking right in front of you. Many would wonder. Why was Hoshino unbothered with your little act earlier about firing a gun that could've hit him?

The thing was, he had worked with you long enough to get used to your antics. You were reckless, that much could be said, but you had always been aware of what you were doing. He had placed his trust in you that you wouldn't hurt someone voluntarily unless the situation had called for it. He still had himself hung up on your answer when he asked why did a mafia executive like you left an organization like that and joined another one that greatly juxtaposed what your previous work was.

He could still remember your response as clear as day.

"I want to save people instead of killing them."

Despite you holding such an immense antipathy for the people in his division, Hoshino was an exception.

"Yeah?" You stopped to listen to what he had to say. What did he want from you? You didn't mind spending more time with him, though. Hoshino was cute, and when you were still in his department, he had listened to whatever you say without doubt clouding his mind, so if you two could just have a date and introduce him to your wonderful world, he'd give in.

"I want to ask you if you're free this weekend. It has been such a long time since we have last talked to each other casually-" So you were correct.

A tug on your arm prompted you to continue walking. "We have to go, but you have my number so we can spend the rest of the night later on to discuss the location of our romantic hangout!" Kambe's walking had progressively gone faster so you were kind of like a cadaver that was being dragged by him. You wished you were.

It didn't take long for you and him to leave the place altogether and beeline towards his car that probably costed more than a random person's life.

"Now what I think about it, your height reminds me of a certain person," you just had this thought when you had noticed that you were far taller than him. "I see," was his monotonous reply.

"The only thing similar between you two is your height! But personality-wise, he's just like an angry chihuahua trying to act tough." Kambe could hear the fondness in your voice when you spoke about this person. It still wasn't clear to him, but he was a little bit envious of this person even if they hadn't met yet.

"I assume that you two were close?"

"No. In fact, the only thing that I want to do is to crush him like an ant. He's so tiny so it's not like it's impossible, haha!"

Ah, yes, the dwarf with the orange locks himself.

Nakahara Chuuya.