Chapter 15

"What a surprise, really, when you've denied all my advances up 'til now." Haru's hand that was mindlessly playing with your h/c tresses came to a halt when he heard your voice breaking through the silence after his one-sided confession.

All the air left his lungs as he had suddenly found it too hard to breathe, the realization dawning upon him that you'd heard it all... That you picked up all of the words that had broken loose from his parted lips a while ago. 

Damn it... Why did he even do all that in the first place taking into consideration your mischievous nature? Why had it flown past him that you were capable of doing something like this just to get what you wanted?

"So the reason why you suddenly became so out of character was because you were jealous of Daisuke, huh," you sat up from his bed, with the mattress dipping around you more since all of your weight was now concentrated on your bottom. Haru spluttered, shame and embarrassment flooding within him when everything that he'd said now came crashing at him in full speed. Ah, this truly was so foolish of him.

You were so swift that he hadn't even noticed that you were traipsing towards his wooden door, with him only able to utter out a small 'where are you going' with his cheeks tinted all over with rouge. "Hm? I got a feeling that me staying here would only cause a dent to your dignity any further than you would've liked, so I'm doing you a favor since I'm such a nice being," you flashed him a coy grin, and he wondered if he was just overreacting like a little schoolboy who had been found out by his crush since you still could jest during a time like this.

Though that coquettish beam soon turned into a simper of a temptress as you waltzed towards him before planting your lips on his cheek, the feeling remaining even if you were already at a distance from him. "See you at work, Mahal." And with that, only the sound of the door creaking as it opened and the racket its produced by returning to its shut state was the sole thing that was perceived by his ears, the sound of his heart beating at a quick pace being the only thing that was ringing in his auditory organ afterward.

"Mahal?" He questioned himself in regard to the moniker that you'd given him, though his pronunciation was not as great as yours. He knew nothing of its meaning, but he had hoped that it was something good. Sigh, you being multilingual wasn't doing him a favor at all.

Through the midst of his musing, his hand had, unbeknownst to him, reached up to touch the place that your soft lips had made contact with... And him imagining that the next time it'd be on his own lips had resulted in his heart hammering faster than ever.

...He really was behaving like a love-stricken teen.

.

.

The continuous knocking on your door the next day snapped you out of your wool-gathering. You were now leaning back lazily on your couch, with your head hanging over its back support as you stared at the ceiling with numerous thoughts invading your mind- though all of it had come to a halt when the visitor you were expecting had finally arrived.

Making a beeline towards the entranceway, you twisted the knob and opened the revolving wooden barrier, only to be met with a casually-clothed Hoshino whose dominant hand was a hair's breadth away from your bosom. As soon as Hoshino discerned this very knowledge, he turned beet red and, with haste, scuffled his hand that was previously balled away from you.

"Ah, just the person that I've been wanting to see." And it was the truth. You needed a break from your continuous trail of thinking and the fact that you were still feeling quite disconcerted even after being encompassed by Dazai's persona made you feel all the more disgruntled. 

"Y...Yeah." His clenched fists had made its way to his lips instead as he faked out a cough. Gesturing for him to enter your apartment, you trailed after him the moment you had closed your door.

You two had agreed for an at-home date instead, with the purple-tinted brunette flusteredly evading the fact that you indeed had labeled this as a 'date' instead of his supposed proposed 'casual hang-out'.

He... He was now standing beside the couch, unmoving for he didn't know what to do. Chuckling at his flustered state, you lightly pushed him and redirected him to the plush sofa, with his read now perched on top of it like you had intended him to. 

"Why so stiff, Ryou? It's not like this is the first time that we have been alone with each other."

"This may not be the first time but it's been so long and I..." Him stumbling upon his own words was a huge contrast to his usually rigid and solemn attitude. Perhaps this side of him was quite adorable and you weren't that much of a shameless individual to not point that aspect out.

"Cute," you lightly laughed before making an en route for the kitchen, ready to cook a light lunch for you and him. Though you might not be the best chef around, you still prided in your cooking skills since you weren't that bad to the point that everything you made would evolve to charcoal. 

"What do you want?" You questioned him as you rummaged through the kitchen, your clothes folding as you crouched and scoured for the ingredients that you would more likely use. Your outfit of the day wasn't all that extravagant, just a simple black ensemble with the bandages on your neck and your arms peeking out.

"You."

"I guess although I'm not edible per se, I'm still quite delectable." You glanced at where he was and saw the tips of his ears reddening, as if caught off-guard as well by his sudden boldness. It was considerably surprising to hear a reply like that coming from him, but nevertheless, you enjoyed his little quip.

'This'll be fun,'  The thought passed through your mind as you prepared the ingredients with the brunch that he had requested. He had offered you his help and of course, you granted him the 'sure' that he had been anticipating for. Plus, if you didn't, you wouldn't be granted the chance to see his flustered self taking over him on every occasion that you two made quick skin contact.

.

.

The end of the day was nearing quick, and it made you wonder how things ended up like this, with you pinning him on the wall as his labored breaths made enough sound for you to sense it. 

Just a moment ago you two were having fun, watching movies whilst indulging in alcoholic beverages (though he only drank a can because he insisted that he didn't like getting drunk too much), to playing board games that you found laying atop your cabinets, and much more.

And now, you two were... this.

The spirits you'd chosen contained high levels of alcohol, and since you had a high tolerance for such drinks, you didn't pay any heed to its contents and just chugged it down without thinking twice. Maybe that's the reason as to why the sequence of events had turned out like the one you were in as of the moment- the buzzing of your head consequently inducing you to have bad judgment calls.

"Ryou... Would you die for me?" You weren't cognizant of the reason why of all questions, you had decided to throw him that inquiry. But when he nodded his head, cheeks flushed and eyes steadied unto yours, the way your heart skipped a beat made you feel no regrets at all.

"...Yes."

Your eyes were wide as an intense feeling of elation coursed throughout your veins. One simple word was enough to make you feel like this... Comical if you'd say so yourself.

But with the stupor that you were in, you didn't notice him leaning closer to you, his palms cupping your cheeks before he had connected his lips with yours...

...And you didn't hesitate to return it.