Chapter One

DH: Hi everyone.

OW: Here's the new story we made.

DH: It's just Yu-Gi-Oh this time and it's a high school AU.

OW: Warnings: swearing, abuse, angst, drugs, self harm, character death, r*pe, and a few other things throughout the story

DH: So don't read it if these things make you uncomfortable

OW: And if they do, don't flame.

DH: This will contain Puzzleshipping (Yami x Yugi), Tendershipping (Bakura x Ryou), Bronzeshipping (Marik x Malik) and possibly Puppyshipping (Seto x Joey).

OW: Enjoy and we own nothing!

-DDLDHoW-

While texting or writing to each other:

Italics: Yugi Muto

Bold: Yami Sennen

-DDLDHoW-

Yugi Muto sighed as he stared out of his bedroom window above the Kame Game shop. He loved snow, but when it prevented him from going outside for three days, it irritated him. Especially since it meant that he couldn't visit their new neighbours. However, the storm had let up and he would be able to go to Ryou Bakura's house later for the movie marathon that they had planned to have.

Yugi yawned and stretched, glancing at the house across the road in which their new neighbours now resided. He blinked in surprise.

Someone was looking back at him from the attic window of the bungalow. 

Like Yugi, the boy's hair was tri-coloured. But while Yugi had blonde bangs and black roots that were bordered by purplish hair, the other boy's bangs were more of a golden colour and his black roots were bordered by a mixture of red and purple. There were also three streaks of golden hair amidst the black that reminded Yugi of lightning. The boy's hair was spikier than Yugi's own, star-shaped hairstyle. His features were also sharper than Yugi's, and his crimson eyes were narrower than Yugi's large, amethyst orbs.

Yugi waved. The boy seemed to hesitate before waving back.

Yugi grinned and looked around his room before grabbing a marker and a pad of paper. He scrawled a small message that was large enough to read from a distance and held it up to the window.

Hi; I'm Yugi Muto.

He watched the boy's piercing eyes scan the message. His lookalike went out of sight for a moment before returning with a pad of paper as well. Yugi watched as he wrote a reply and held it up to the window.

Yami Sennen.

Yugi smiled.

Nice to meet you. How old are you?

Sixteen.

Yugi felt his smile grow.

Cool; you're only a year older than me! :)

He saw Yami grin.

So you're fifteen then?

Yugi nodded, hoping that Yami hadn't thought that he was younger. But with his short size, rounded features and large, childlike eyes, it was very likely.

Want to play twenty questions? I'm bored.

Yugi watched as Yami read the message and met Yugi's gaze before shrugging. Yugi felt like the older boy's eyes were boring into his soul.