Chapter 8

Nines walked into the precinct, footsteps quiet as always. He brushed a piece of loose hair out of his face before glancing over at Connors desk. Gavin was presumably late, and so Connor was alone. Walking over to his predecessor without a second thought the android planted himself next to Connor, pointing at a chair near him.
"May I sit?" He asked, and Connor nodded, cracking a slight smile.
Sitting down on an uncomfortable chair, the RK900 scooted it over closer to the desk, looking at Connor as his LED shone yellow.
"How can I learn to be more... Human." He started, the question evident in his voice.
"More.. Human? I can help, but what brings this to your attention so suddenly? You never cared much about that. Wait..." Connors LED turned from blue to yellow then back again.
"Are you...?"
Nines nodded, looking at his shoes.
"I'm proud of you." Connor finally replied, wrapping his arms around Nines in a quick hug.
Nines smiled a bit.
"Thanks."
"So, how to be more human..? Well, I think its all in the little things you do. How you talk, mannerisms, expressions..." Connor started.
"I think I get it." Nines nodded, getting up.
"Thanks for the help, good luck with your case."

Nines still had dark emotions circling around, but maybe he'd be able to fix that if he tried hard enough.

Nines walked back out to the bullpen with a hot cup of coffee, walking over and setting it on Gavins desk. He was sure the human hadn't had any since arriving to work yet, so figured he'd get him some of the drink.
Gavin nodded with a mutter, taking the drink.
"Thanks, tin can..."