Chapter 16

Nines stepped into the precinct, making his way towards Gavins desk with a coffee he'd made. After laying it down on the detectives desk he sat down at his own, glancing at his computer. A lot was still on his mind, and so his LED never seemed to fully calm down.
"Nines?" Gavin asked for what felt like the hundredth time, but was probably only about the fourth.
"Nines!" He got up.
"What is your problem you hunk of junk?" Concern and slight annoyance were behind the detectives intentions, but it came out as frustration and annoyance towards the android.
Nines stayed silent, LED glitching yellow, eyes trained on the table.
"Hey, you listening? Tin can, I said whats your-"
"My problem? My problem is that I'm in pain, but no one here seems to care!" He exclaimed, standing up suddenly and lightly slamming his hands down on the desk. His LED circled bright red.
"Especially you..." He croaked out, turning and walking away, footsteps echoing through the nearly empty bullpen. He regretted his words and actions immediately but couldn't bring himself to turn back and apologise, instead making his way towards the door before slipping out and making his way to wherever Gavin wasn't.
Tina walked out from the break room, gaze sympathetic.
"That's tough..."
Gavin only glared, turning away to get his jacket and keys and leave this place. His mind buzzed with the interaction with Nines, replaying it over and over. His eyes shut as he felt a pang of empathy for his partner.
The man sighed, starting up the old, DPD issued car.

Gavin was lost. Nines seemed upset yesterday, and he'd never had the chance to talk to him about it. The android had never snapped on him, what was really wrong? He didn't know where to go, the only place he'd guess is Nines' apartment but he'd never been there and his partner had never told him about it. What if he just.. Called? Stupid idea, he knew, but he was out of ideas and it was a better one than driving around aimlessly.
After a few rings he answered surprisingly, but the line was silent.
"Look, Nines, where the hell-"
"I'm fine, detective." Nines interupted, voice a bit unsteady.
"Fine, but I swear to God I'm gonna track you and hunt you down if you don't tell me where you are, and then I'll beat your ass for making me do all that to find you."
"Gavin, I can assure you it is in your best interests to stay put or go back to the station." He replied. No sparky comment? Wow, he must be really upset.
"He's right." Another voice interrupted.
"And who the hell are you?" Asked an annoyed Gavin.
"It doesnt matter. Y'know, why don't you come here and get your android caretaker?"
"Yeah, I think I will." The detective hung up, groaning.
"I'm going to kill Nines."

He was going to kill Nines.
Now, let's back up a little. As much as you may want to know what went on in the warehouse that particular evening with their suspect, an android partner, a computer meant for hardcore hacking and an almost-dead cell phone, an explanation as to how he got there would serve you well.
Nines shoved his hands in his pockets, making his way down the street, headed towards his apartment complex in the cold night. After a moment the detective recieved a software notice, then another and then another until his vision was clouded up. He nervously stumbled into the wall beside him, wondering what was going on before having one of his arms grabbed. Attempting to fight whoever it was, it was brought to his attention that he was falling over, vision darkening.

Waking up in a strange warehouse Nines sprung up, being met face to face with their suspect, limbs still strangely weak. He scanned his surroundings, attempting to reach the precinct for help unsuccessfuly.
"Tell me what you know about this case, and what you can hide about it."