Chapter 18

The android was fixed rather quickly, his ruined software being decoded easily with some help. He'd been standing in the room, contemplating his choices. He knew Gavin would be outside this room but he didnt know what he'd say to the detective just yet.
Nines sighed, stepping out of the room. He didnt want to do this but he knew he couldn't live with himself being quiet forever.

"Nines! You're back." Gavin exclaimed, standing up from his seat.
"Yes... And, Gavin... I need to talk to you.." Anxiousness and worry swirled around in his head but he tried his best to push it away, sighing lightly.
"I really care about you, it hasn't taken almost dying to see that much. You're.. My partner, and I couldn't imagine a world without you in it but I also can't go forever without telling you this. I know you're... In love with Connor..." His LED circled red as he forced the words out.
"All this... With Connor... That's.. That's not what I wanted. I wanted to make you jealous with him and obviously that was the wrong thing to do. It was... Immature and stupid. I understand now. I get that I hurt you. I'm sorry, Nines."
The android was silent for a moment, LED spinning yellow as he listened to Gavin, words already falling from his mouth.
"You should be."
"I'm in love with you, you hunk of junk..."