Chapter 12

"Crazy that Hank found something so quickly. The case was much more easily closed than expected." Nines nodded as he spoke, light raindrops beginning to come down from the sky.
"Yeah, quite the case.."
The fiancé in question was unhappy in his life, trying to escape and start a new life with his best friend that he was in love with.
"I hope Hank and Connor didn't have too much trouble with him at the station." Nines added.
Gavin nodded half-heartedly, walking up to his car and popping open the door.
"At least Fowler won't be on our asses about this case..." Gavin cracked a slight smile.
"Well, tin can, I'm off to my house. Have a nice night..." The words slipped out before he had time to truly realize them, and he closed his eyes, figuring it wasn't that big of a deal.
"You too, Gavin." Nines responded, beginning to walk away as water pelted his coat and hair. His LED was blue, and he began revising what Connor told him earlier today.
"That's love, Nines.."
He smiled

Gavin wasn't able to sleep that night, groaning as he tossed and turned in bed. He checked the clock,
'12:34 am'
He sighed, figuring he'd fall asleep eventually when the detective heard a knock at the door. He sat up in bed, confused, room barely illuminated by the dim green and red light of his alarm clock.
He didn't usually get visitors, especially at this hour.
Ready to slam the door back in their face he opened his apartments entrance, glancing up to see,
"Nines! The hell are you doing at my house at 12 in the morning?" He asked, a hint of concern in his voice.
Nines' jacket was off, bunched up and being held carefully by the android, his clothes basically soaking wet. The RK900, without a word, stepped into the room.
"Hey, tin-"
"Nice house. If you couldn't tell, there is a kitten in my jacket. He is a male, off white-"
"A kitten? Nines, the hell you doing with a kitten..?"
"He was outside in a cardboard box alone. I didn't have the mind to leave him there. I know that you have taken a liking to cats, I was hoping this one could stay here with you tonight."
Gavin thought over the question, eventually nodding his approval.
"Sure. Just... It's soaking and cold outside, so.. Change into something dry and stay on the couch. Don't want you.. Like... Walking into work or cyberlife or wherever looking like you went for a swim in the local river. I might be fired for destruction of company property if that happens." Gavin murmured jokingly.
"Then you can watch that little asshole, make sure he doesn't tear up the curtains." Gavin smirked a little, carefully petting the small animal that was still resting in Nines arms and scratching behind its ears. Nines smiled at Gavin, looking back down at the kitten.
"Well, I don't have any 'dry clothes' but I'm sure I won't be wet for too long. I'll make sure he doesn't ruin your house. Tomorrow we can buy items for him, or bring him to the shelter."
"No, dumbass, I'm not taking the thing to a shelter. We can get some food and stuff tomorrow."
Nines nodded.
"Since I brought this fur bundle to you I believe I'm responsible for him. I'll get the food and other essential items for a cat." He explained.
"By the way, detective, what will you name him?"
"Tens."
"Tens..?"
Gavin laughed a bit.
"Yeah. Your names Nines, so its Tens."
Nines nodded a bit, chuckling lightly.
"Goodnight, Detective Ree-"
"Gavin. It's Gavin, we're not at work, plastic prick." He corrected, the insult holding little to no malice.
"Alright, well, goodnight, Gavin..."
Gavin nodded, walking back away to his room. As he turned away from the androids view and began opening his bedroom door he cracked a slight smile.