Chapter 23 : The Pridelands Of Zoar

Looking down from his balcony at his people who gathered to watch two of his warriors spar in the courtyard, King Chezllar couldn't help but wonder if his kind was safe. He still couldn't figure out who kidnapped a part of his army and it infuriated him more and more that he had no clue. His father, the King before him, mostly taught him the concept of an eye for an eye as he was growing up and he was going to avenge his dead army since the died at the hands of Zah. Revenge was never a concept found in his vocabulary but his people wanted closure through it, hence the preparation for the potential war that's going to occur during the blood moon should Zah fail to find out who is behind all of this.
"I was wondering where you were..." His wife, Queen Luan , wrapped her arms around his while leaning her head on his shoulder, making him snap out of his thoughts.
"Just wanted to do some thinking.... Didn't mean to leave you alone my beautiful queen." He sighed with a smile as he brought her into his arms and placed a kiss on her forehead as he gazed into his mate's eyes.
"Chez I'm scared..... Of the war." She spoke softly as her voice cracked at the end. Luan always did melt his heart even when she didn't know it.
"Don't be. As long as Hezahri figures all this out, and I hope he does.... No war will take place..." He trailed of as he gave her a reassuring smirk.
"And what if he doesn't? Chez I had dream.... One that keeps reoccurring..." Her voice shook while her hands that were on his chest formed fists as they held on to his black shirt. Luan was a seer, she could see what was to come, only glimpses of it though.
"What did you see my love?" He questioned in a calm tone as he hated seeing his love uneasy.
"Different creatures drowning in blood and sorrow. I saw one arise from it all as he howled in pain. His half was taken away from him and it rained fire and ice on Zoar which killed millions. The cry of all survivors was so loud it echoed through the other two dimensions as they also fell to their doom.... Chez, only a supernatural is powerful enough to commence such doom." Her fingers trembled as they loosened up.
"Are you saying Zah will be the demise of all three dimensions?" His eyebrows furrowed as he looked at Luan with pure worry while trying to hide the horrified reaction.
"If things go south... Yes." She breathed out as tears filled her eyes. The war was no longer a threat as Chez realized that the actual threat was someone who was out to seek vengeance towards Zah. That puzzled Chez even more as he didn't know who was out to get to Zah. All he knew was that Zah was the Bomb and his mate was the fuse. Chez never saw eye to eye with Zah but he cared about him to some extent.
"Did you manage to see who was behind all of this?" Luan unfortunately shook her head before responding,
"No.... That was all I saw, all that I keep seeing Chez.... I'm scared, scared for the future of our unborn baby." Whimpered Luan as she leaned in and buried her head in the crook of his neck.
All the King could do was console his pregnant lioness as she purred in content with his scent. Just then, there was a knock at the door and the King gestured Luan to head to the bed for some rest as he attended to the person who requested his presence.
"Yes Grayson?" He spoke up flatly as he stepped out of the room. Grayson was his right hand man and his close friend. He unfortunately had a weary look on his face which got Chez a little riled up as he now expected news far from good from the way Grayson looked.
"Your Highness.... The prime quota of the Lycans and the King of Dragons request you immediate presence." He replied.
"Reason being?" Questioned Chez with an arced eyebrow.
"They said it was for your ears first... But all I can say is that each of them brought a sizable army." Chez looked at Luan who wondered what he was told as he tore his gaze from her and back to Grayson with a reply.
"I'll be down there in a minute."

***********************

Ola people... 👋👋👋👋😃😃😃😃
Hope you liked the chapter as much as I looked forward to typing it out 🤸🤸🤸.... So, what do you think of our dear Chez so far? That's him up there by the way 🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗Also, what do you think the unscheduled meeting is all about? 🤗🤗🤗🤗
Oh and for those who don't know yet, I changed the title of my new story from Best Enemies to Two Acquainted BEFs since the old one was wayyyy too common. So this is the cover and I hope you'll like it as much as Zoar 💖💖💖💖💖💖💖

So I'm off now 🤸🤸
Untill we meet again, you know the day 😉

XOXOXOXOXO

-DEBBY