Chapter 4

"What are we doing?" Jaemin asked, looking around the small room located in the training area. He watched as Yangyang swiped a folder from the desk. "And where's Renjun?"

"The loser is exempted because he taught Doyoung's strategies lesson last year." Jeno said, eyeing the folders. He quickly picked one and hugged it against his chest, giving Jaemin his signature eye smile.

"We're picking first day assessments." Rena told him. Jaemin watched as Jiwoo swiped another folder while his girlfriend was talking to him.

"Why are you three acting like that?" Jaemin asked, raising an eyebrow as he pointed to Yangyang, Jeno and Jiwoo.

"Hey!" Rena exclaimed once she realized what Jiwoo had done, the girl giving her friend a grin.

Rena sighed. "They're avoiding the Cha Twins."

"What's so bad about the Cha Twins anyways?" Jaemin asked as Rena tossed him a folder. The name read Cha Jungmo.

"Oh just you wait and see." Jeno said, slipping outside.

...

"You know what you guys are doing, right?" Taeyong whispered to the group of seniors. They nodded their heads.

"Alright, everyone. Today we'll be pairing you up with seniors to assess your skills. They'll be taking you around to each of the stations, so follow them and try your best." Taeyong announced.

This Jungmo kid can't be that bad. Jaemin thought as Taeyong read out the pairs. There were only two new kids, one male and one female. The male already matched the image appearing on Jaemin's tablet in his hands.

"Cha Jungmo?" Jaemin asked as he approached the male.

"That's me." Jungmo replied with a big smile. Jaemin nodded his head, scrolling through the information on his tablet.

"Looks like we're be starting with duelling. Follow me." Jaemin said, guiding Jungmo away from the group.

...

Eunjung could talk. The girl could talk for days. She talked so much, even Jiwoo had taken Nari's folder over hers.

I should have ignored Jaemin's question and taken Jimin's folder. Rena thought as she guided the girl down the halls.

"So I heard you're dating Jaemin, is that true?" Eunjung asked. They stopped at the archery range.

"Yes, it." Rena said, preparing a bow and arrow for Eunjung.

"That's honestly so smart." Eunjung said, with a sigh of admiration. Rena raised an eyebrow.

"Date your competitor. Take him down. Genius, I aspire to be like that." Eunjung continue.

What type of sick theory is that?

"I'm not dating Jaemin to take him down, I date him because I love him." Rena said as she shoved the weapon into Eunjung's chest. The girl seemed taken aback.

"Oh. That's a shame." Eunjung said, preparing the bow and arrow.

Rena felt her blood boil and clenched her fists, two dark orbs forming in them. She knew her eyes were turning purple and that Eunjung was beginning to notice her transformation as she stared at her with wide eyes.

"Just shoot. And stop asking personal questions." Rena demanded.

Eunjung gulped before immediately nodding.

Rena closed her eyes, taking a deep breath to calm herself down. When she opened them again, she was back to normal.

"Great, now where were we?"