Chapter 6

"This is crazy." Jaehyun said, rubbing his temples. Rena and Renjun sat across from him, Jaemin and Minjee standing behind them.

"It's what Mark's dad, suggested, anyways. He said it's better than sending two mortals down there." Minjee said, shifting her weight between her feet.

"So you want to send the two demons down there instead?" Jaehyun exclaimed. "To so your stupid witch work?"

"Hyung, it's for Haechan." Jaemin said softly, hoping to calm the elder down. Jaehyun shook his head.

"I hope you know, the Devil doesn't care who goes down there, even if it's her own children. She's going to give them a hard time no matter what." Jaehyun warned.

"We know." Renjun said, lacing his hands on the table. "I've been there."

The room was silent for a moment as they all sat there, taking in the situation. Finally, Rena broke the silence.

"Why don't we go there together?" Rena suggested.

"All of us?" Minjee exclaimed. Rena nodded her head.

"It's going to be tough for any of us. Might as well go there as a team. Plus, Renjun and Minjee can make sure they get what they need so we don't have to go back a second time." Rena told them.

"Why am I dragged into this?" Jaemin whined. He gulped when Rena sharply turned her head, sending him a glare.

Jaehyun let out a sigh, running his fingers through his hair.

"I mean, I'm fine with it if you really want. But you better be right about Haechan being bewitched or this would have been all for nothing." Jaehyun told them.

They all turned to Renjun, the one who suggested the idea in the first place. He nodded his head.

"I'm positive, hyung. I remember the words of the book like it was yesterday."

...

Sejung looked both ways in the halls before sliding into the room. Jungwoo looked up from his phone, casually sitting on his bed, wearing a hoodie and sweatpants.

"Hey." Jungwoo said as Sejung let out the deep breath she didn't know she was holding. Her eyes lit up as soon as she saw the male.

"Hey." Sejung replied with a smile, instantly dropping her bag and heading towards the bed, hugging Jungwoo's torso. Jungwoo chuckled as he wrapped an arm around the girl, ruffling her hair.

"You seem out a breath." Jungwoo noted as he placed his phone down on the bedside table. Sejung pouted.

"You have no idea how hard it is to get to your room without bumping into anyone." Sejung said, leaning her head on Jungwoo's shoulder.

Jungwoo gently rubbed the girl's arm, trying to soothe her as she closed her eyes, resting.

"You know, we don't have to keep it a secret." Jungwoo said but Sejung immediately shook her head.

"I don't exactly want to face your father's wrath." Sejung said.

Jungwoo pressed his lips together, forming a thin line. "You know he's going to find out eventually, right?"

Sejung shrugged her shoulders, moving away from the male as she took her shoes off before getting comfortable in Jungwoo's bed.

"It's bad enough that Jiwoo and Jeno are close and she's not even the heir to the throne. What would your father do if he found out that you were dating a siren?" Sejung pointed out.

Jungwoo simply laid down beside her, wrapping his arms around Sejung's waist and pulled her close as he nuzzled his face into the crook of her neck.