Chapter 7

Haechan threw his head back in laughter and Taeil immediately questioned why out of all people he could have gone to, he chose him.

"You? Headmaster? Good joke, tell me another one." Haechan said with a wide grin as Taeil sat on the other side of the glass separating them.

"Ha. Ha." Taeil said, no emotion in his voice. That's when Haechan realized he was serious, the smile quickly fading.

"Wait, that wasn't a joke?" Haechan asked. Taeil shook his head.

"I wish it was. They seriously voted me in." Taeil said as Haechan calmed down.

"I mean, it's not like you'll do a bad job or anything. And it'll keep you busy." Haechan said as he sat down in the single chair inside his cell.

"Yeah, I guess. It just seems like a lot of extra work." Taeil said, propping his chin in his hands. Haechan shrugged.

"Not like you have anything better to do." Haechan told him. Taeil narrowed his eyes.

"Says you." Taeil countered. Haechan sighed.

"Hyung, do you think I'm innocent?" Haechan asked.

"Do you remember letting your brother out?" Taeil asked back. Haechan immediately shook his head.

"Not if my life depended on it."

Taeil leaned back, giving the male a small smile.

"Then yes, I think you're innocent."

...

"This goes absolutely against everything I have been taught in life, I hope you know that." Jaemin said, crossing his arms as he narrowed his eyes at the group.

Renjun rolled his eyes. "Stop being dramatic, it's just Hell."

Jaemin threw his hands up. "Me? Dramatic?"

Rena grabbed Jaemin's arms, pulling them down as Jaehyun let out a deep sigh, mumbling to himself.

"Both of you relax. We'll be fine." Rena said to the two boys before turning to the other girl with them. "Minjee, you good?"

Minjee stayed staring at the ground. Rena exchanged looks with Renjun and the male gently nudged Minjee.

"Huh?" Minjee said, snapping her head up.

"Nervous?" Renjun asked, his voice soft. Rena glanced at Jaemin who wore a smirk on his face.

"Yeah." Minjee admitted. Jaemin watched as Renjun stuck out his hand, giving Minjee's a squeeze.

"Don't worry, we're all here if anything happens." Renjun reassured her just as Winwin appeared from a faerie door.

"Okay, let's get this show on the road." Jaehyun said, clapping his hands together and rubbing them as he walked towards Winwin, the rest following close behind.

...

Yangyang wanted to feel happy with his position as the Guardian of the Academy Gardens but as he was in the greenhouse alone with the other female sprite, he couldn't help but feel out of place.

"Is there anything else I can help with?" It was the fifth time Nari had asked the question that day and Yangyang was honestly running out of tasks for her.

"Um, have you tended the roses?" Yangyang asked, avoiding eye contact.

"You asked me that twice already and the answer hasn't changed." Nari said, placing her hands on her hips.

"Right." Yangyang muttered. "Um, I guess you're done for the day."

"Are you sure you don't need anything else?" Nari asked.