Chapter 16

Minkyu didn't look scared of the group one bit and that concerned Jeno. It was clear that he was outnumbered and would lose any fight against the four, yet he stood there with his chest puffed out in front of them.

Something's not right, and Jeno hoped his friends realized the same thing.

The wind blew and Jeno caught a big whiff, making his eyes widen. There were at least ten other supernaturals hiding around them, their scents blending in with one another, making it hard for Jeno to decipher exactly who they were dealing with.

"Long time no see." Minkyu said, looking straight at Rena. "Last time we saw each other, you didn't have him attached to your arm."

Jeno could tell that Jaemin didn't like the way Minkyu was looking at his girl, and hoped his friend wouldn't do anything stupid.

"Keep talking and we'll put you back where you belong." Jaemin threatened.

Jaemin doesn't know.

Jeno gave Jiwoo a look and the girl gave him a small nod.

"I'd like to see you try."

Jeno could tell that Jaemin was about to lurch forward so he grabbed the boy's arm before he could do anything stupid.

"What do you want?" Jeno asked the werewolf. Minkyu just gave him a smirk.

"Oh, nothing." Minkyu said.

They all turned their heads as they heard the people of the village screaming.

"Better get going." Minkyu said, waving his hand.

"Dammit." Jeno murmured as they gave Minkyu one last look before running into town.

...

Renjun pulled the glass bottle from out of his bag, hoping that it would be enough explanation for the Coven Leader. Thankfully, he had a tight grip as the second it was visible, Minjee's mother lurched towards it.

"Give me that." The Coven Leader demanded but Renjun shook his head.

"Not until you explain." Renjun said as Minjee stood in front of him.

"You did it, didn't you. You casted that spell on purpose, even though it was the forbidden dark magic." Minjee told her mother.

"Oh come on. It's not like you didn't perform dark magic either." The Coven Leader said, rolling her eyes.

"She had to. Because of you." Haechan argued.

"You don't know what you're getting yourselves into. Now pass it." Minjee's mother demanded.

"Not until you explain yourself." Minjee said, crossing her arms.

Knowing that the three agents wouldn't give in, the Coven Leader used her magic to try to get the bottle back. Renjun and Minjee fought back, the bottle ending up in Haechan's hands as they tried to their best to hold down the older and much more experienced witch.

Haechan looked around the room, trying to figure out what to do with the bottle. His eyes landed on the fireplace.

"No!" The Coven Leader yelled, realizing what Haechan was about to do but it was too late. Haechan had threw the bottle in, the glass shattering.

Screams that resembled the voice of Sora's mother was heard as a shadow casted around the fireplace before disappearing with the flames. Soon the house was silent once again.

"What just happened?" Minjee asked, eyes glued to the fireplace.

"She's gone. Forever now." The Coven Leader said, before turning away to return to her study.