Chapter 20

"Thank you." Taeyong said as one of Seri's servants put down a tall glass in front of him, the liquid inside black at the bottom, turning into reds, oranges, and yellows at the top.

The drink was a delicacy, even in the Phoenix Kingdom, and also Taeyong's favourite. He knew that Seri had ordered the drink specially for him, and her chefs had definitely spent a while perfecting it. As he took a sip, he could only nod in satisfaction. They had nailed the taste perfectly.

"Miss home yet?" Seri asked, swirling her own wine glass filled with red liquid. Blood.

"You already know the answer to that." Taeyong said, making a small chuckle escape Seri's lips. "But that's not why you asked to meet me."

Seri's smile disappeared as quickly as it had appeared. "Always cutting to the chase."

"It a trait that you seem to appreciate." Taeyong said, sipping his drink to avoid letting Seri see his smile.

"Anyways." Seri said, doing the same. "Jaehyun asked me for a favour."

"Jaehyun?" Taeyong asked. Seri nodded.

"He said that I should host a ball and invite some important people of the Supernatural World." Seri told him.

"He said someone specific, didn't he?" Taeyong said, raising an eyebrow. Seri nodded.

"Yes, Hwayoung."

Taeyong froze at the sound of the Phoenix Queen's name. He put the glass in his hands down, knowing that the conversation was about to take a sharp turn.

"Why Hwayoung?" Taeyong asked. Seri shrugged.

"I'm not sure." Seri admitted. "Jaehyun just said that she needs to be ther, along with some others to ensure that's is not suspicious."

"Jaehyun?"

Seri nodded. "Yes, Jung Jaehyun. Or should I say Cha Jaehyun? He seemed to have preferred Jung Jaehyun though."

Taeyong bit his lip, the name hitting a sensitive spot. "Cha Jaehyun is a name that shouldn't be used."

"I know." Seri said, leaning forward. "But if he didn't die, the Cha Twin's wouldn't have recieved the respect they have now."

"What does this have to do with me, anyways?" Taeyong said, bringing them back to the topic. Seri eyed the wine glass, deciding to pick it up.

"Jaehyun said something else." Seri told him. "He said we need to trigger something in Hwayoung."

Taeyong leaned back in his seat. He already knew where this was going.

"You want me to be your date, don't you?" Taeyong asked.

Seri set the glass back down, giving the male a look.

"Oh come on, Taeyong. We both know nothing else in the world could trigger Hwayoung more than that." Seri pointed out.

Taeyong gave the girl a smirk.

"Why did you even bother asking me to come her when you already knew the answer?"

...

"This is bad." Ten murmered as he watched Doyoung's face change, the male on the phone with Taeyong. Doyoung locked eyes with Ten before giving him a small nod, removing the phone from his ear and putting it down.

"What's the plan?" Yuta asked, already suited up.

"Taeyong said go ahead, are you good to lead?" Doyoung asked.

"Of course, it's my hometown!" Yuta exclaimed before closing his eyes and taking a deep breath. "Sorry."

"It's alright." Doyoung reassured him. "You can take your team now and we'll send the rest of the agents in when Taeyong gets back."