Chapter 15

"My favourite day of the year." Doyoung mumbled to himself as he plopped down into his seat in the centre of the command room located inside the agency building.

The many agents surrounded him, dressed in all black as the placed their earpieces in. Soon, the screens in front of Doyoung lit up, each of them showing what the various agents in the room saw.

It was Halloween, the day were humans dressed up while supernatural creatures caused mischief. Taeyong stood in the middle of the room, assigning groups.

As Doyoung tapped his keyboard, completing the necessary preparations, he could hear Jungwoo and Sejung's conversation through his own earpiece.

"I don't know how much longer I can keep this a secret." Jungwoo told the girl.

"You have to Jungwoo. Your dad would be so upset if he found out that we were dating." Sejung replied in a hushed tone but it was no use. Doyoung had already heard everything.

Doyoung looked over at Taeyong, the only other person in the room who could hear through each of the microphones, wondering if he had just witnessed the same thing as Doyoung but he was busy talking to Ten about his team of agents.

Soon, Doyoung was beginning to dispatch each of the groups and before he knew it, only him and Taeyong remained.

"So," Taeyong said, letting out a deep breath as he sat down. Doyoung turned away from the screens to face him.

"The heir to the faerie throne is in love with a siren."

...

Jimin looked around the familiar town, watching the people dressed up, heading towards the centre of the town where the festival was. Jisung stood beside her, the two of them partners for the mission.

Behind them was Chenle and Naeun, busy chatting about which booth they should see first. Jimin felt Jisung's eyes on her the entire time, fully aware of the yearning feeling inside her.

"Do you ever miss being human?" Jisung asked her.

"Sometimes." Jimin admitted. "But if I was still human, I would have met you. Any of you."

A small smile appeared on Jisung's face as they arrived at the festival, people at the various booths. Chenle turned around to face the two.

"We're going to go watch the people bobbing for apples. You good to split up?" Chenle asked.

"Yeah, we'll be fine." Jisung told his best friend.

Chenle and Naeun exchanged looks before heading off, leaving Jisung alone with Jimin. Once they were out of sight, Jisung took Jimin's hand, lacing his fingers with hers.

"Come on. We might be on a mission but that doesn't mean we can't have fun." Jisung said with with a grin before dragging the girl towards the closest booth.

...

"Double date time." Jaemin sung as he walked hand in hand with Rena in front of Jeno and Jiwoo. Rena turned to face the two.

"About time you two become official." Rena said, watching as the blood began rushing to their cheeks.

"Stop, you two are so embarrassing." Jeno said, making the couple in front of them chuckle. Jaemin gave his best friend a smile before turning back to face forward.

"Why don't we settle down somewhere." Jaemin suggested.

"I'd love to." Rena started but motioned her head to the park in front of them. "But I think we already have our work cut out for us."