Chapter 28

"Is he supposed to be like that?" Jaemin whispered to Rena. He was referring to Taeil.

The agents were back in school, the winter break now over. Jaemin and Rena were sitting at their desks, watching as Taeil taught the class as if nothing had happen.

But that was far from true. Yoora's death was a looming shadow over the school. Right before the break, Yuta had stopped teaching and now with Yoora gone, it was clear that Hwayoung's actions were beginning to take a toll on them.

Speaking of Yuta, Jaemin though. According to Jisung, the new Clan Leader had shut himself inside his own room. Johnny had visited him a many times, Jaehyun occasionally accompanying him yet it was no use. The agents had been cut off from their friend, and it was concerning them.

Meanwhile, Taeil was acting perfectly normal, teaching the class as if nothing had happened. Jaemin didn't know how he did it.

Jaemin himself had cried for his father for a month and knew that Jaehyun still wasn't recovered from Sora's death, although it seemed as though the girl was very much alive. That was yet another mystery that needed to be solved.

Jaemin had wanted to join in on the research of Sora's new form but it was limited to the Rena, Jaehyun, Taeyong, and Ten. He got some info from Rena but he could tell that the girl felt guilty spilling the secrets so Jaemin tried not to pester her too much.

On the other hand, there was that witch which was apparently under some black magic controlling spell. Renjun, Minjee, Mark, Kun, Hendery, and Doyoung were looking into that one, and Jaemin wondered what they could have determined from them.

"Probably not." Rena finally responded, snapping Jaemin from his thoughts.

"Huh?"  Jaemin replied, trying to remember what he had asked but heard Taeil tapping his ruler against his desk instead.

Jaemin gulped as he met Taeil's eyes and the heads of the other students in the class began to turn.

"Is there something you two would like to share with the class?" Taeil asked. They both quickly shook their heads, embarrassed.

"Alright, let's continue then." Taeil said, picking up his textbook but his hand suddenly gave in, the book falling to the ground.

Jaemin and Rena exchanged looks as Taeil bent down to pick it up but ended up collapsing on his knees instead.

"Hyung!" Haechan exclaimed, getting up to run to the front of the classroom. Renjun quickly followed him.

Jaemin and Rena made their way up too as Jeno, Jiwoo, and Yangyang tried to calm the rest of the class down. They saw that Taeil had his eyes closed as if he was passed out, head in Haechan's lap.

After about a minute, Taeil's eyes opened again but he looked as though he had saw something scarring during the time that he was out.

"No." Taeil breathed out, before blinking as he realized where he was once again.

...

Renjun leaned forward against the table, trying to see the old book opened in front of them. It was the same book that was retrieved from the depths of Hell.

"Dark magic is a dangerous thing, isn't it?" Hendery asked. Kun nodded.

"It's very forbidden but clearly there are some witches that can still wield such power." Doyoung, eyeing Minjee.

Renjun watched as Minjee ignored the look Doyoung was giving her and motioned to the book in front of them instead.

"They would have needed a witch to cast the spell. Who would have done it?" Minjee asked.