The Aftermath

I watch as the vile woman pulls the weapon out of Edmund's torso with a proud gleam in her eyes. I rush forward and catch his body before it hits the ground. Jadis had her eyes on us and as I shut mine waiting for her to strike me down as well.
However, the hit never came. Instead, I hear  an angry yell from what sounded like a man. When I opened my eyes I see the Witch had turned her back to us and was instead facing the incoming body of Peter. I wanted to shout to the older boy to stay away but I knew he wouldn't listen. Instead, I turn to the wounded boy in my arms.
I can hear Edmund gasping for breath. He was alive for now but I needed to get him out of here as fast as possible. I start to try and stand up when all of a sudden the locket glowed. I reach for my fallen sword just in time to block the oncoming attack.
I look around and see that the majority of Jadis's army was heading right for us. I knew that I had to protect Edmund. So I softly place his body on the ground and kiss his forehead. The light on the locket was still glowing as I feel a fresh batch of tears stream down my face.
I started fighting as though I had been training for this moment my whole life. I am simultaneously fighting creatures that are trying to kill me and fighting off the ones trying to take one last shot at Edmund. I fight with everything I had in me until suddenly there was a mighty roar. I turn around and couldn't believe my eyes.
Standing on top of the rocks was Aslan looking as kingly as ever. Susan and Lucy come up behind him grinning down at us. I suddenly see more people coming up behind them. Hundreds of Narnians come up ready to attack. I let out a breathy laugh of glee as warm treas still fall.
The new Narnians rush into battle taking down any enemy they see. Aslan makes a great leap and lunges right for the Witch. The new soldiers easily start to take on the witch's forces. It's almost as if they were moving so fast that they where blurry. The light of the locket begins to fade and I turn to look at the pale body laying on the ground. He was completely gasping for air now and a pool of blood was forming on his tunic. I drop onto my knees next to him and put my left hand on his wounded and my right hand on his cheek.
"It's going to be ok Edmund." I say to him as the tears start to fall harder. "I'll get you to help I promise." At these words, he leans into my touch. He opens his mouth as if trying to talk. "Shhh. Don't say anything. Just focus on breathing alright?" He moves his left hand that was laying on his chest to rest on top of my left hand. I try to ignore the feeling of his blood between my fingers but focus on the feeling of his hand on mine. Then the light glowed again.
"Maggie! Edmund!" Susan suddenly shouts running up from the other direction. She then shoots an arrow right at us. I turn just in time to see it hit the Witch's main Dwarf who was coming up behind Edmund and me. I let out a shaky breath as the rest of the Pevensies surround us.
I remove my hand form his face as Susan puts her little brother's head in her lap. We all had tears in our eyes looking at the boy becoming paler. Lucy suddenly reaches for the bottle that was strapped to her waist. She looks at us with a questioning look. We all nod at her as she takes off the lid. She puts a drop of it in her brother's mouth and we all wait with bated breath. However, things take a turn for the worst as he takes a shaky breath and then doesn't take another one.
I let out a shrieking sob as I feel his hand go completely limp on top of mine. I see that everyone else is crying harder as well but I couldn't bear looking at them any longer. Turning to my right I barry my head into Susan's shoulder.
Then suddenly the blood that was on my hand starts to almost get sucked back into his body. I look up from my hiding place and start to see the color returning to his face. His hand tightens around mine again as he takes in a greedy breath. All of us let out breathy laughs as he opens his eyes looking around at all of us. Susan runs her fingers through his hair and I tighten my grip on his hand.
Peter, who has let the tears run freely down his face, reaches forward and pulls his brother into his arms. Edmund released my hand and wrapped his arms tightly around his older brother.
"When are you going to do what you're told?" Peter laughs out as he pulls out of the hug to look into his brother's eyes. Edmund doesn't respond he only smirks at the blonde boy.
I don't know what came over me but I reach forward and grab the front of his armor and crash my lips onto his. I feel him tense up for a second but then wrap his arms around me. I am brought back to reality by hearing the others laughing at us. I quickly pull back and see Ed slowly opening his eyes and smiling at me. I smile back as Lucy flings herself on to her brother and the rest of us follow suit.
I barry my head into his chest and wrap my arms around his waist. I feel protected and loved being embraced by my new family. I really didn't think any of us were planning on letting go anytime soon. However, we do eventually pull away when Edmund's attention turns to something behind us.
We all release each other and turn to see what he was looking at.
There was Aslan standing next to one of our soldiers that was turned to stone. He lets a breath out on the statue and suddenly the created unmelted and was back to life. My eyes widen in shock at the sight of him perfectly fine. Lucy stands up quickly and starts to follow suit and uses her magical potion on the fallen soldiers.
"You did well young ones." Aslan says as he approach us. I immediately stand up and throw myself on top of the great beast.
"We thought you were gone!" I exclaim as I barry myself into his fur. I feel him let out a low laugh.
"I was dear one but I'll let your sisters tell you about it later. As I understand it they have made you a part of the family." The lion says as I pull away from him.
"Yes, sir. We have." Peter says coming up and putting his hand on my shoulder.
"You are in good hands, Margret Rose." he says giving me one last nod. "Now, you three have been through a lot today so I suggest you go get examined at the medical tent. The healing cordial may have healed you but you should still be checked. We have a busy couple of days coming up and you need to be fit for them." he says to us pointedly. We all nod and he goes back to his work of unfreezing people.
"Come on." Peter says turning the rest of our attention to him. "Let's go find the healing tent." he walks over and takes Edmund's arm and puts it on his shoulder.
"I can walk just fine Pete." Edmund grips trying to get out of his brother's grasps. Peter ignores his younger brother starts to head back to camp.
"You coming, Sue?" I ask the black-haired girl.
"No. You go. I'm going to follow Lucy. We will meet you there." She says as she turns to go to the direction her sister disappeared to.