18

SLOANE PATIENTLY WAITED FOR ZACH TO WALK IN. she got to chipotle faster then she was supposed to because she was speeding a little bit over the limit. she was surprised she didn't get pulled over though.

after a couple minutes of waiting she soon saw her brunette friend walk through the door. she waved him towards the booth she was sitting in, which just so happened to be the same booth as when they came the first time.

"oh my gosh zach are you okay?" the girl asked him as she gave him a hug. "no not really" he replied. they released from the hug and sat down across from each other. "i ordered the food already i remember what you usually get so i got it for you" sloane said. the boy smiled at her and thanked her.

"so i'm guessing you are kind of wondering what happened" zach said keeping his head down. "i'm curious yeah, but if you don't want to talk about it you don't have to" sloane responded. she meant what she said also. she didn't want to pressure him into telling her because she knows that breakups are hard and how it feels to be pushed to talk about it.

"i broke up with kay" the boy finally said after silence had fell between them. sloane just let him continue. "she was toxic for me i just didn't want to see it, she wasn't always that bad though and that's what i was holding on to. the old memory of her and it wasn't good for me" the boy continued trying not to cry. "it's okay to cry zach you just went through a break up" sloane said trying to comfort him. the waitress came over with their food so they went quiet for a minute and thanked her. the boy smiled at the food because sloane had remembered his usual order which was something kay never did.

"kay never actually cared about me... did she. i mean i know you guys weren't close but from what you saw did it look like she cared?" zach said hoping sloane could give him an answer. sloane was quiet for a minute. she knew the answer but she didn't want to hurt him. "honestly, from what i saw she didn't really care. maybe in the beginning she did or maybe i'm wrong" sloane stated.

"no you're not wrong. she treated me like shit and i refused to see it. and you know tomorrow is supposed to be our two year anniversary" the boy said starting to cry. "aw zach it's going to be okay" sloane said getting up and hugging him. "how about we hang out tomorrow all day just the two of us and then we can have a movie night with everyone before christina and gabbie leave" sloane said. "yeah that sounds like fun" zach replied. "good, also i think we need a new place to go eat because someone tends to cry every time" sloane said giggling. "no i like it here we are able to open up to each other i don't know why it's just comfy" zach said. "then chipotle it is" sloane said pointing her finger to the sky. the two laughed and finished eating and got ready for the day ahead of them.

___

INSTAGRAM