26

ZACH AND SLOANE WERE CURRENTLY IN THE CAR JAMMING OUT TO ONE DIRECTION. "YOU AND IIIII" sloane sang at the top of her lungs. "NOT EVEN THE GODS ABOVE" she continued to scream.

zach just listened since he was driving but he would glance at the girl every once in a while and just smile at her. "i see you looking at me zachary eyes on the road" she said. "i'm looking at the road i swear" he said blushing a bit. "okay whatever you say" the girl responded.

"so where are we going anyway?" sloane asked pausing little things to talk to zach. "i'm not telling you" the boy said shaking his head. "why not" sloane whined. "because it's a surprise" zach answered her. sloane huffed and folded her arms pouting since she didn't get the answer she wanted.

"aw don't pout you'll find out when we get there" zach said laughing at sloane pouting. "fine" she said. sloane still wasn't happy about having to wait but left it alone because she knows how stubborn zach is and knows that he isn't going to tell her.

soon after the pair arrived at their destination. "here we are" zach said. "a drive-in?" sloane asked. "yeah i know it's kind of cliche but i saw they were playing dreamgirls tonight and i remembered that dreamgirls is your favorite movie so i thought it would be fun" zach said rubbing the back of his neck. sloane smiled at zach. "i love it but we don't have any snacks" sloane said. "did you really think i was going to bring you here with no snacks?" zach said a little offended. "come with me" zach told her.

they both got out of the car and zach opened the trunk. there were blankets, pillows and tons of snacks. it was even stocked with food from chipotle. "you did this?" sloane asked. "i mean reese helped me but yeah" he nodded. sloane gave him a hug. "i'm going to have to meet reese one day and thank her" the girl said climbing in the trunk. "if tonight goes well then maybe you will" zach mumbled.

the movie eventually ended and the two may have gone for the movie but they barely paid attention. they were too busy goofing around the whole time. you could tell no one was happy with them since they were loud but they didn't care. they were having fun. after the movie zach drove sloane home. the ride was pretty quiet since the two seemed to be nervous about something.

zach soon got to sloane's house and parked outside. they were both silent for a while. they both wanted to say something but didn't know how to say it to each other. "i have to tell you something" they said at the same time. "you go first" they said together again. "here i'll let you go first" sloane said to zach. she was still nervous about what she had to say and was willing to put it off for as long as possible.

zach took in a deep breath. "so you and i have been hanging out for a while now and you mean so much to me. i have never felt like this with anyone not even kay. all i know is that i want to be around you all the time and i was hoping that you would be my girlfriend?" zach managed to say. sloane sat there with her mouth open in disbelief. "god damnit herron you stole my line" sloane said.

zach looked at her confused. "what?" he asked. "i was going to ask YOU out" sloane said crossing her arms. "wait. you were going to ask me out?" zach asked still confused. "yup" she said. "oh. OH" zach said meaning it finally hit him. "YOU LIKE ME" he said with a huge grin. "yeah no shit sherlock" sloane said. "HEY BE NICE" zach whined.

"wait you never answered my question" he said. sloane finally realized what he had asked and gasped. "OH MY GOSH YOU LIKE ME" sloane said with a huge smile. "yEaH nO sHiT sHeRlOcK" zach mocked. "heyyy be niceee" sloane mocked. the two started laughing at each other. "we can't stay serious for five minutes" sloane said. "okay let's try" zach said getting himself together as sloane did the same.