Chapter 1 - Aboard the Hogwarts Express

^ Barbara Palvin as Jade Green. Obviously in this book the cast is only 11 so please imagine Barbara Palvin as an 11 year old. As the chapters go on, more cast will be introduced and like BP, please just imagine them all as 11 year olds. As she gets older, she begins looking more like the picture above :)
______

Today was the day, and by the day, I mean the day I would aboard the Hogwarts express and begin the first day of my next 7 years.

I wasn't alone though, I was blessed to have a twin brother. Although we were twins, if you saw us, you would probably only think we were siblings, him older and me younger. I had light brown, thick, very long and wavy hair while my twin brother had blonde hair that was as wavy as mine. We did, however, have the same blue eyes that we, along with my younger sister, had all inherited from my stunning mother. We had turned 11 a few months ago, and had been anxiously waiting to finally begin our life at Hogwarts.

My mother was a muggle who taught year 6 at the local primary school, my father, a full-blood wizard had met her when he was traveling to Australia with his brother. Although my mother wasn't magical, they fell in love and had Jacob and I. My dad didn't even tell my mother he was a wizard until she was pregnant with us, he loved her so much that he didn't want to scare her away. When he realized that the chances were his children would show signs of magic, he told her, believing he had no choice.

At first my mother didn't believe him, then when she realised he was telling the truth, came to terms with it, and has been exceptionally supportive ever since. Although we lived in Australia in a muggle town, Hogwarts was the magic school we were accepted to because my dad was still a citizen of the UK. My grandparents, uncle, and cousins still live there and we would visit them often. Being a wizard or witch came in very handy when you had close relatives living overseas, it was just something as simple as Floo Powder, or apparition that allowed us to see each other extremely often.

My father was the middle of 3 children, 2 boys and the youngest being a girl. In total, I had 6 cousins on my father's side. My aunt Linda had 4 children, the eldest was a girl as old as my younger sister Amara. My uncle, however, had 2 children, one had already graduated and became a spell breaker for Gringotts wizard bank, we were all very proud of her. The other was in his 6th year at Hogwarts and the headboy. Both Aria and Malcolm were extremely high achievers, but both were also extremely kind-hearted.

My mother's family had disowned her when she ran away with a strange man from England, and I had never had anything to do with them, but I didn't miss out, my father's family compensated for that and we were all very close.

Jacob was my best friend, but he was a major rule breaker, we were only 11 but he and his best friend Dakota were already huge troublemakers. Dakota's father was my father's best friend growing up, they still lived in the UK and were, like us, magical. Compared to my brother and his best friend I was well-behaved, but in no sense was I perfect. Admittedly, I was very smart, but I was also very adventurous and probably too curious. If Jacob wasn't as rebellious as he was, I may have even been considered rebellious myself.

"Jade!!" Jake nudges me, obviously getting my attention after zoning out.

"Huh?" I reply instinctively.

"It's time," Jake laughs, rolling his eyes.

"Are you ready sweetie?" My mother smiles gently.

"I'm going to miss you mum," I reply, my eyes beginning to tear up. My mother wasn't magical, and therefore couldn't pass the brick wall that led to platform 9 3/4. I would miss my mum, she was the kindest person you would ever meet.

"I'll miss you too baby, keep Jake under control." She giggles, as much as Jake was a pain, my mother adored him just as she adored Amara and I.

"That's impossible, he's too much like me" my father jokes, putting a proud arm over Jake's shoulder. My brother smiles proudly.