Chapter 5 - The Acromantula

^ Keiyan Lonsdale as Asher Williams
^ Park Junhee as Hunter Reid
11 years old :)
_________

Isla goes to say something but a strict voice interrupts her; "Jade Green, Dakota Black and Asher Reid, come with me right away." I turn around nervously and see professor McGonagall and Madam Hooch looking surprised beside her.

Great!! I got caught.

Note the sarcasm.

Groaning inwardly, I hesitantly make my way to Professor McGonagall, Ash beside me, and Dakota beside him. Jake grins cheekily, blowing me a kiss and I roll my eyes at him, this was his fault!!

Madam Hooch goes along with the lesson as the 3 of us follow McGonagall to her office where we sit down as she sits in front of us.

"When a teacher gives you specific instructions, staying on the ground perhaps, you must listen to them. You are both very lucky that you are decent flyers and therefore, did not get hurt. 50 points will be taken each from Gryffindor and Slytherin for your mistake Jade and Dakota, and Madam Hooch will see you both tonight in her office at 8:00 for detention." McGonagall demands, "do I make myself clear?"

I nod my head, "sorry professor." Dakota just nods, not saying anything and McGonagall nods at me in recognition.

"As for you Mr Reid, our quidditch commentator graduated last year and there is an opening in the position, are you interested?" McGonagall smiles at a surprised looking Asher.

"Yes Professor, that'd be awesome!!" Ash replies.

"Good, Mr Reid, if you will come and see me tonight so I can explain how it works. You may all leave and go back to class." Asher nods vigorously.

Dakota walks out first and I am about to follow before the professor calls me back; "Miss Green, I do hope you plan on trying out for our Gryffindor quidditch team, god knows we could use some talent."

I smile at her and follow out the boys. Maybe next year I would try out.

I check my watch and see there is barely 5 minutes before break so I decide to wait in the great hall for everyone else, I was super excited to give them all the notebooks. I decide to reply to Amara's letter while I wait, I grab out some parchment and begin to write;

Hey Amara,
Jake and I miss you as well. Tell mum that I said thanks for the books and that I miss her and dad heaps. I
can't wait for you to come here either!! I hope you make Gryffindor as well, but if you don't then that's okay too.
The lessons are really weird, nothing like the lessons at mum's school, no Maths or English.
I've learned heaps, Defence Against the Dark Arts is my favorite, my teacher kind of reminds me of mum.
I've seen Dumbledore, but I haven't actually met him, I don't think Dumbledore even knows who I am!!
I love you!!
- J

As soon as I finish writing, the bell rings, signaling first break. I wait patiently for my friends, really excited to finally give them the notebooks. Bella and Layla are the first 2 that I see, they would have had class together because we were with the Slytherins. They see me and walk over, I was sitting at the Hufflepuff table. First break, not a lot of people came down here because the school didn't supply food for this break. That meant that people just sat anywhere.

"How was class?" Bella asks smiling.

"Where are the others, didn't you just have a class with them?" Layla asks.

I explain to them everything that had happened at flying, they listen intently until I finish.

"Jade!! You can't disobey the teacher's orders!!" Layla scolds.