Chapter 3 - First Night

^Froy Gutierrez as Jacob Green
Please remember that he is 11 in this book and will grow to look like that :)
____

"First years, please finish up and follow your head of house to your common rooms," Professor McGonagall speaks from the front of the room. I get eye contact with Bella and she smiles at me comfortingly. Isla is smiling excitedly beside me, Jake looks unbothered and Eli looks really nervous.

"Eli, are you okay?" I whisper in his ear. The whole dinner he had seemed really off. I am very aware that I didn't know Eli THAT well, but I knew that something was wrong. He and I had become pretty close on the long train ride over.

'What? Yeah." Eli replies half-heartily.

I go to object but before I get the chance Malcolm walks over to Jake and I and pulls us both into congratulatory hugs, "well done you two!! I'm so proud, Even though Aria was Ravenclaw, I'm sure she would be just as proud.

"Thanks, Malcolm!!" Jake grins. I smile happily with him.

"Hello, my name is Isla," Isla states proudly.

"Nice to meet you Isla, I'm Malcolm. Congratulations on making it into Gryffindor," Malcolm replies politely. Isla beams.

"Well better get to it then, we'll talk after you guys get set up," Malcolm smiles at us before he walks over to a very attractive Asian girl and they start calling for Gryffindors to follow them.

Eli walks beside me quietly, still deep in thought and I find myself hoping he's okay. Jake is on the other side of me, walking so our shoulders were still touching. It was something that he had always done, made sure that we were physically contacting. I think that was because he liked knowing I was there as much as I liked knowing he was. He was chatting happily to Asher who was beside him, but making sure our shoulders were touching so he knew I hadn't gone anywhere.

I was so lucky to have Jake and be so close to him, I knew Amara sometimes felt left out because Jake and I were so incredibly close but we were also really close to her and I think she understood that.

Before long, Malcolm leads us to a painting on the wall. It was a picture of a lady who would be known to society as overweight and as soon as she saw us coming I see her fix her posture and look straight at Malcolm with a funny look in her eyes and a small smile on her face. 

"Password?" She said in a funny tone that had a few of the older kids snickering or laughing.

"Mushu," Malcolm says. The lady winks at Malcolm before the portrait swings open and Malcolm climbs through the hole. I smile at the password, instantly thinking about a popular Disney movie called Mulan in the muggle-world where a dragon is named Mushu, I can tell a few other people also make this connection.

I look in surprise as everyone follows and then wait for Isla to go so I can go after. The common room had quite a few red couches and armchairs scattered around, there was a fire on the far right side and a couch in front of it. Many of the armchairs also had small tables in between them, presumably for doing homework or things like that.

"Wow!!" Isla speaks my thoughts from beside me, "I mean my mum and dad told me all about it but it's even better than they said!!"

I look at her questionably; "your mum and dad were in Gryffindor?"

"Yeah, everyone in my family has been sorted into Gryffindor. That's why I wanted to be sorted here so much." She replies grinning.

"My dad was in Gryffindor too, but my auntie was Hufflepuff and my uncle; Ravenclaw," I reply, grinning back.