Chapter 7 - Telling The Group

As soon as I walk in the portrait hole I spot Eli with Isla, and Jake with Asher. I quickly run to Jake, "Jake, come here. I need to talk to you, sorry Ash."

Jake looks at me worried before he shares a look with Ash and stands up, "Sorry Isla, can I take Eli," I ask Isla.

"Of course, we're talking to the others on the notebooks you got us!!" I force a smile and practically drag Eli and Jake to the corner of the common room where no one can hear us. I already know that Eli knows what this is about, but I can see that Jake is clueless.

I quickly explain what the Chamber Of Secrets is to Jake, who looks shocked. Eli watches me repeat Dumbledors words, wondering where I was going.

"Dakota and I were walking back from detention when we saw a Hufflepuff girl lying on the ground, she was stunned, and not by a stunning spell, but something much more intense. I would have thought she was dead if Dumbledore hadn't asked professor McGonagall to take her to the hospital wing so Madam Pomfrey could undo the state."  I explain.

"So it is real?" Eli confirms, I nod.

"Wait, so Eli is a target because he's muggle-born?" Jake asks.

Eli nods, "I take back everything I said about how cool it was being a wizard."

I smile at him comfortingly; "Don't worry Eli, I won't leave your side. We'll figure out what The Chamber is and put a stop to it."

"When is Dumbledore planning on telling the rest of the school?" Jake asks, "They have a right to know."

"I don't know, probably tomorrow. Now that someone has been stunned, he has to let the school know what's happening." I reply.

"You're right Jade, we'll tell the others tomorrow at first break if he doesn't say anything before then, Layla especially has a right to know," Eli says.

"Jake is Ash or Hunter muggle-born?" I ask curiously.

"Nah, Ash is half-blood but Hunter is pureblood," Jake replies.

"What's going to happen to Layla and me?" Eli asks gently, I wasn't even sure he meant to say it out loud, and I knew he didn't mean for Jake and I hear it.

"Nothing is Eli, I'm going to stay with you at all times and when I tell the others there will constantly be someone with Layla as well. None of us will let anything happen to you, or to Layla," I convince strongly.

"I agree with Jade, when you guys tell your friends, you'll tell my friends too and we'll all work together. Eli, you're Jade's best friend and one of my friends as well. I look out for my friends," Jake says strongly. Eli smiles gratefully as I wrap my arms tightly around his neck, Eli instantly reacts.

Jake kisses me on my forehead and walks over to a curious looking Ash, leaving me alone with Eli. "Jade, Dumbledore said that there was a beast in the chamber right?" Eli asks after a moment.

"Yeah?" I trail off, not knowing where he was going.

"A beast like a giant spider perhaps?" Eli continues, suddenly it clicks.

"The Acromantula!! You think Hagrid's the heir and Aragog is beast?" I ask, taking it all in. He could be right.

"I mean, it would make sense!!" Eli replies thoughtfully.

"We have to confront him!!" I reply quickly.

"Jade, I'm a muggle-born, is confronting him the best idea?" Eli reminds me.

I think for a moment; "you're right, we can't confront him just the 2 of us, we all have to go. If Hagrid is the heir then he can't take all 6 of us out, but we do need to confront him," I reply honestly. Eli nods in agreement.