Chapter 13 - Plans

"The mudblood lover actually showed up," Annie sneers from the entrance.

"Shove a McChicken in it, McDonald," Asher defends rolling his eyes. I can't help but burst out laughing, I could tell that Annie and Dakota had no clue what was so funny but I could see Asher laughing so I didn't care.

"What does that even mean?" Annie scowls, "so you're a muggle lover as well then?"

"Don't worry your annoying little head on it Annie," Asher smiles sarcastically.

"Whatever, at least I haven't betrayed the wizarding world because my best friends a mudblood," Annie rolls her eyes, narrowing her eyes at me once again.

Dakota just smirks from beside me, leaning against the wall but I notice Asher going to defend me. I stop him before he gets the chance;

"Vermillious," I chant. Red sparks fly from the end of the wand and Annie falls to the ground slowly.

"Well done Miss Green, I see you're practicing the Vermillious charm from our recent classes, 3 points to Gryffindor for practicing a harmless spell outside of class," Shaklebolt smiles. By the way she smiles at me, I can tell she had heard what Annie had said and that's why I was getting praised instead of scolded.

Annie looks shocked at the fact that I hadn't gotten in trouble but it didn't seem like Dakota or Asher had noticed anything.

"You 4 will help me convince some of the ghosts to answer some questions in my next first-year classes," Shaklebolt explains, "they are living all around the castle so finding them should not be too hard. We will meet back here in 45 minutes, the 4 of you will stay together because of recent events," she finishes. I nod, sounds easy enough.

Dakota begins to walk in a direction and I roll my eyes, following obediently beside Asher while Annie tries to engage Dakota in conversation. Dakota doesn't reply.

"How long before she gives up you think?" Asher grins cheekily, gesturing to Annie who was still trying to get Dakota's attention.

I laugh, "5 minutes?"

"I say 10," Asher replies grinning.

"You're on," I grin excitedly as we shake hands.

***

We both lost, Annie didn't give up for the whole time we were searching. Dakota kept on ignoring her but she wouldn't quit. I actually had to admit I was impressed with her ability to continue trying when he hadn't actively involved himself in their conversation even once. At least Ash and I had fun watching her continue trying.

Asher and I had gotten a lot closer as well while we were in detention. We had always been friends but while Annie bugged Dakota, Asher and I talked. We had also gotten the Gryffindor ghost Nearly Headless Nick to speak to the class tomorrow and Shaklebolt was very impressed.

It was now Tuesday and we were in the great hall having breakfast. Today was actually a pretty good day, I had a double charms, herbology, and then finally flying.

"Jade," Eli says as he nudges me.

"Huh," I repy, coming back to reality.

"We're meeting the others at first break remember, at the lake." Eli reminds me from my right.

"I swear she zones out more than I do in potions," Isla says from my left.

"You should see her at home," Jake agrees from opposite me. I stick my tongue out at him jokingly.

"Probably not as much as Jake does," Asher shrugs.