Chapter 2 - The Sorting

^ Manu Rios as Dakota Black
Again, imagine him as an 11 year old. I know that it's hard but please just try :)
_______

"I just heard the head boy say we're 10 minutes away, we should get changed," Bella smiles, walking back into our compartment after a toilet break.

I had become extremely fond of the 5 people in this compartment with me, Isla seemed like the life of the party and it seemed like it was Bella's job to calm her down. Bella was the sweetest girl ever, Layla still hadn't really warmed up to us fully but I was definitely beginning to see a different side of her. Elise was also relatively shy, but she had warmed up to us a lot. It seemed like she and Layla were really getting along and it was really sweet.

I had learned that Bella and Isla had grown up together, apparently, Bella's parents were Isla's godparents and vise versa. Eli had also warmed up to us all quite a bit and was very interested in all the information about Hogwarts and magic. I had also demonstrated a simple spell to him and he was extremely intrigued.

Feeling even more excited than before, I quickly get changed into my robes, because we hadn't been sorted yet we didn't have any color on our uniforms. All we had was our white undershirt, grey V-neck sweater, black robe, grey skirt, and long grey socks. Everyone else had also gotten changed and before I know it, the train had stopped and everyone began clearing out.

"Jade!!" I hear, as soon as I exit the train followed by my new friends, I look over and instantly see Malcolm.

"Hey Malcolm," I say excitedly as he pulls me into a brotherly hug.

"How was the train ride? I tried to look for you but I couldn't find you, where's Jake?" Malcolm questions.

"It was really good, I met some friends," I say, gesturing behind me. I only now see the extremely confused faces on all my friends. I guess they didn't expect me to know the head boy.

"Hello guys," Malcolm smiles. Before he can say anything he gets called over by some of his friends and he gives me a quick hug before he follows them, telling me to greet Jake for him.

"How do you know Malcom!?" Isla asks excitedly.

"He's my cousin," I smile proudly.

1"He's the head boy in Gryffindor, that's amazing!!" She enthuses. I laugh heartily along with everyone else.

"First years this way," I hear. I follow the sound and see a mean-looking man with a bald patch on his head, but long black hair falling from the sides. "My name is Argus Filch, hurry up!!" He continues.

We follow him as the older children go the opposite way and I find myself taking a boat across the lake, squeezed in with Jake who found me earlier.

Eventually, we make it over the lake and find ourselves standing in front of a large door, only a couple of students fall into the water and get wet, and I was very thankful that I, nor any of my friends, were any of these people. Dakota had jumped in on purpose and Jake had followed suit, the other 2 guys they were with just laughed at them and encouraged them but weren't stupid enough to jump in themselves.

The door opens almost instantly and a stern-looking witch with emerald robes and black hair tied into a tight bun emerges. She waves her wand and everyone who was wet instantly dries, I hear gasps of amazement but I had seen my father do that spell many times.

"You may go Argus, I will take it from here," the stern-looking lady nods politely at the mean-looking man.

"My name is Professor McGonagall, if you'll follow me I will take you to the great hall," Professor McGonagall states.