Chapter 6 - The Chamber Of Secrets

^Dakota Fanning as Annie McDonald
Do I really have to say it again?
________

"So this boy, Hagrid, has a poiseness spider?" Eli asks. I go to reply but I see something which makes me stop in my tracks, Eli crashes into me before also looking at what I had seen.

On the wall, almost at the grand hall was writing in a red liquid that looked suspiciously like blood;

'The Chamber of Secrets has been opened. Enemy's of the heir, beware.'

"What the?" Eli says breathlessly. The bell rings straight away, Eli and I were in too much shock to leave, students starting pouring out of the great hall and surrounding us, looking at what had began the commotion.

"Excuse me, what is all the commotion about. Off to class," professor M yells, but still no one moves. She pushes through the crowd to see what had happened and when she sees she takes in a sharp intake of breath.

"Dumbledore, someone get Dumbledore now!!" She yells. No one moves.

"No need, what is it Minerva?" A deep voice comments as he joins us.

"Everyone off to class," still everyone is frozen, "Now!!" Dumbledore's voice booms throughout the corridor, almost instantly everyone disperses. Eli and I also go to make a move but we get interrupted, "Miss Green, Mr Jones. Come with me."

Eli and I follow Dumbledore to the headmasters tower and up to his office. The staircase seemed like it went forever, eternally spiralling upwards before we finally reach solid ground. Dumbledore sits behind his desk and gestures to the seats in front of him. Eli and I instantly take a seat.

He goes to speak but Eli and I beat him to it; "It wasn't us headmaster," Eli says, "We were just walking back from the library and we saw it, it wasn't us," I say the same time Eli does.

Before we can continue pleading our case Dumbledore puts one hand up, successfully silencing us. "I do not believe that you Jade, nor you Elijah had anything to do with what was evidently written on the wall, I called you up here to ask you if you saw anything."

"No headmaster, we were coming back to the hall from the library and saw the writing on the wall." Eli replies quickly.

"Strange. Very strange," Dumbledore replies, more to himself than to us.

"What does it mean?" I ask curiously.

"Very well, I suppose you ought to know. It's only fitting considering it was you two that first discovered the message. I must warn you both though, there is no evidence that what I am about to tell you is true, it could very well just be a legend and the writing could be someone's idea of a joke." He replies.

Eli and I both nod vigorously, eager to hear more. Dumbledore takes this as his queue to continue.

"You both know the story of the four founders of Hogwarts; Godric Gryffinor, Rowena Ravnclaw, Helga Hufflepuff and Salazer Slytherin," Dumbledore begins, Eli and I both nod. We had heard about them during our first History of Magic class. "Well originally, Hogwarts was a school where all magical beings could be taught and accepted as equals, and for years this was the case. Suddenly, one of the founders; Salazer Slytherin decided that Hogwarts should be more specific with the students they admitted, meaning that purebloods and the occasional half-blood were all that should be accepted. The other founders disagreed and make the decision to make 4 houses, this way the founders could admit who they wanted, eventually, even this was not enough for Salazer Slyherin so he made a secret chamber where a beast lay. This chamber would stay closed until the true heir of Slytherin returned to Hogwarts. It was only he who could open the chamber and control the beast that lay in it. Obviously the school has been searched many times for this chamber, but has never been found, that is why this story has been put down so as nothing but a legend." He finishes.