A trip down memory lane

this started as a jiara one shot but i decided i wanted to make more parts so here is this book :)

-

Kie always had the fiery soul he knows so well today. The earliest memory he had of the girl was the first day of kindergarten. JJ had never seen anyone with hair quite like hers, his child mind had been memorized watching the bounce of her brown curls pulled into pig tails as she argued with another boy who had stolen her eraser. After that day he'd had a childish crush on her for a long time after that. that afternoon he'd climbed into his moms car

"I love Kiara" he told his mom which shed only responded with a light chuckle to, finding the kids crush funny, knowing her son probably hadn't even spoken a word to the girl. JJ had been quiet and shy when he was little, obviously when he grew up that changed.

"What are you staring at? you know its rude to stare." was the first time Kiara had ever spoken to JJ. They were now in middle school, he sat next to her in 4th period art class. shed ignored him up until then, they weren't exactly in similar cliques. The only friend JJ had was John B, his best friend since 3rd grade.

"i was wondering if i could borrow your eraser" JJ half lied, that wasn't the reason he was staring, but he did have a need for one. Eventually borrowing Kiaras eraser became a daily thing, they became friends. 4th period art class friends, they didn't interact outside of art class. Kiaras eraser wore down quick, JJ was an impulsive drawer that drew lines too dark, it became a normally thing for Kiara to nag him and tell him they would have an eraser if he didn't press lines so hard into his paper. finally one day, after the eraser was worn down to a small nub, shed finally asked him why he didn't just buy one and stop using hers. her tone came out more scolding then she meant to, JJ assumed she was upset with him

"don't have the money to" he mumbled with a shrug in reply with his hands in his lap looking down, and Kiara felt guilty.

After a couple days of awkward silence because JJ assumed she was mad at him, he'd shown up to art class and found a brand new eraser still in the package in his seat. JJ had quickly looked over to Kie knowing she had to be the one that put it there. Kiara was already working on her project silently, with a new eraser in hand. JJ picked up his present sitting back down

"thank you" he mumbled to her, JJ had never had brand new school supplies since 1st grade, he wasn't very responsible so most were just lost.

"Dont be weird about it, they were buy one get one free" Kiara said keeping her eyes on her paper, JJ smiled softly turning back to listen to the teachers instructions. JJ didn't unwrap the eraser or use it at all that day, he practiced drawing light lines incase of mess ups like Kiara taught him.

The next day, the teacher changed the seating arrangement. They were placed on opposite sides of the classroom, and didn't talk for a long time after that. after awhile, he had to open the package and use the eraser. It wasn't long after that he lost the eraser.

Time passed, and his fixation on Kiara lessened and he began to think like any other boy going through puberty. Anything walking around with boobs caught his eye, and by 9th grade JJ was a whole different person than the shy kid he used to be. by then he'd met pope and John B, JJ and Pope became a trio.

During the summer of ninth grade, after John Bs dad had gone missing, the boys were on a surf break. Kiara had showed up surfing by herself, naturally the four drifted together being the only people on the waves that day. After the tiring day of surfing, Kiara invited the boys to come with her to the wreck, her dads restaurant. sunburnt, bruised and muscles feeling like noodles, the boys followed her down the road to the wreck. by the end of night, something had clicked, the trio had found what was missing in their group, the Pogues were now complete.

Kiara could out surf all of the boys, jj had never been beaten by anyone on the waves before. Her eyes lit up and she became even more sassy when they started on a topic she was passionate about, like saving the ocean. Her curls bounced when she walked and he couldn't help but fall mesmerized by it just like when he was a child, he just wanted to reach out and twist her curls between his fingers. there was a spark that ignited the feelings he had for her, but they were different again, he had a new attraction, the stereotypical teenage boy attraction. He wanted to touch her, he wanted to hold her, he wanted to be on top of her. But he was in denial, he just told himself he liked her because she had boobs and was laid back.

Over time, he was able to repress those thoughts, all the times he would hit on her or make suggestive comments would just be a joke. He had the distraction of all the hook ups he started having. he thought it was just because he liked sex, but subconsciously was what got him over Kie. For a while, until she started macking all the Pogues except for him that summer.