D I E C I

I didn't get any sleep last night as a result of all stuff Xavier told me

I didn't get any sleep last night as a result of all stuff Xavier told me. 'How I could be so stupid. How I didn't catch on it earlier.'

I mean everything was literally in front of me, guns around the house, so many guards, hell even when Xavier would leave the house in the middle of the night.

I would lie if I said that I wasn't scared shitless last night when he told me. I was but he told me that he would never hurt me and in a weird way that soothed my fear slightly. He then let me know some things about his.. job?!

I learned that Xavier is capo along with his brother which means that they are bosses? Something like that. While his dad is a don and he is on top like he can boss all the capos? Anyway, something like that I didn't really listen to that part I was still in shock at that point.

Then he told me that Moreno is his right-hand man which means that he can put the most trust in him from all his other men. Which made sense.

He also told me that this is something that goes through his family over generations and that he will need to take over his dad's place in the mafia. But that will be when his dad retires or in case that something happens to him.

It's still early and I was in the kitchen with Emiliano making him pureed fruit while he sat in his highchair. Everyone was still asleep so I was trying to be as quiet as possible but that wasn't possible with giggling Emiliano.

For five months old he's really energetic and active. I was mixing fruit in the bowl and laughed lightly at Emiliano's babbling.

"Really? What then happened?" I asked trying to sound interested but at the same time holding my laugh as Emiliano continues to babble.

A chuckle from behind us frightened me a little so I turned fast to check who the intruder is. Turning around I found Xavier leaning at the doorway with arms crossed over his chest.

'He looked good in black sweatpants and gray fitted shirt.. oh God I need to stop.' He probably saw me checking him out because he sent me a wink while smirk tug on his lip.

I could feel my cheeks getting warmer by second as I greeted him silently while turning back towards Emiliano "Morning."

"Good morning." He said as he pushed himself off the doorway and made his way to us. When he came next to Emiliano he bent down and kissed Emiliano's head.

I looked at him with admiration and wonder. 'How could someone like him, this wonderful father and good person, how could he be in something like the mafia? I mean aren't mafia guys tough, scary, and violent?! I guess not.'

I was probably too long in my thoughts because I was brought back by Xavier who was snapping his fingers in front of my face "Are you okay?" He asked me after I snapped out of my thoughts.

"Yeah." I said with a squeaky voice which caused Xavier to laugh a little and me to blush even more.

"You sure? I hope that I didn't.." he stopped himself for a moment "..scared you? With last night's.. let's say confession."