V E N T I T R É

I opened my eyes slightly only to see that I'm in a dark room

I opened my eyes slightly only to see that I'm in a dark room. Blinking I tried to clear my vision a bit looking around it looked more like a basement. Not far from me were old-looking stairs that lead to what I could see are doors.

I jumped remembering that I was with Emiliano, but as soon as I jumped I fall back down on the cold floor. Pain shoot through my legs and I look down on them, my legs were tightly tied together and bounded to the wall.

I looked up as I heard the jingle of the door handle. The door is pushed open and inside stepped an older-looking man with Emiliano in his arms.

"Well, it was time for you to wake up." He stated with a heavy Russian accent as he turned the lights on. I closed my eyes because the light started to make my eyes burn. Slowly blinking my eyes open I fixed them at the little boy in that man's arms.

"Wh-who are y-you?" I asked, my voice hoarse, I cleared my throat a little trying to act brave but failed miserably as my voice shook with fear "What d-do you want from us?"

He looked at me amused with the smallest tug on the corners of his lips "Now, now. I thought that that boy Xavier told you about me."

I looked at him in confusion but didn't say anything. I just keep on looking at him or more precisely on Emiliano in his arms.

He followed my line of sight and looked down at Emiliano "Hm, would you like to hold him, kukolka?" He asked and I snapped my eyes to his nodding eagerly.
(".., little doll?")

He got closer and I put my arms in front of me so I could pick Emiliano up, but that man stopped right in front of me holding Emiliano.

"You want to hold him, don't you." He stated more than asked. He got closer and crunched in front of me "Here you go." he said as he put Emiliano in my arms.

I cradled the little boy closer to my chest and pressed my back against the cement wall pulling myself as far away from that man as possible.

The man chuckled at my reaction "Don't worry, I'm not gonna hurt you." he said as he stood up towering over us then with a sinister smile added, "Well, not yet." And with that, he walked towards the staircase sitting on them.

I looked at him and he looked at me with curiosity in his eyes "You know," he started as he leaned against the railings on the staircase "I can't see why Xavier is so smitten with you."

I look at him in confusion and try to read him, his body language. He looked powerful but at the same time, there was something dark around him.

"He's not smitten with me." I said quietly which made him chuckle.
"That's what you think." He said while his eyes roamed over my body. I unconsciously tightened my hold on Emiliano shifting uncomfortably.

The man chuckled "Well, what do you say that we get to know each other?" He asked looking me in the eyes.
I looked at him not knowing what to say so I just send him a small nod.