The Masterpiece [Apple x Marshmallow]

Marshmallow has always considered creative team-building a plus.

Hoo boy, this one's an oldie! I wrote it on July 13, 2017, sometime past 1 in the morning. I wrote it to accompany a Tumblr post I made that now has over 260 notes. This is some retro-SkaterCheese stuff! This sketch place in an AU where Marsh and Apple start dating on the show, and I hope you find enjoyment in it.

⁂⁂⁂

"Where are we, Marshmallow?"

"The abstract art section, of course. Nobody goes here."

Marsh tugged Apple along by the hand, glancing around all the while. Indeed, there weren't any witnesses but the strange boxes and stripes of the paintings.

"All this art's... okay. I could do way better." Marsh stopped dragging her along. "Okay, uhh, we're here, Marsh. What'd you want?"

"We've already talked about this," Marsh said. "You've taken me to the museum, now it's time to... y'know. Make out with me, or something. Stress relief."

"Uh, I know you already explained this kinda, but... where do I start?"

"T-to treat a masterpiece right, you have to pin it to a wall." They stared at one another for a moment, waiting for the other to move. Then Marsh rolled her eyes. "Do I have to do everything in this relationship?!" Marsh pushed Apple backwards until her back was against the wall. "Now kiss me."

Apple leaned in... and pecked her cheek. "There you go. That good?"

"...What'd I ever do to you to deserve this?"

"Aww! You're super glad I kissed you, hm?"

"Quit teasing me and do it right."

"Why don'cha model for me? ...And maybe explain what 'model' means, heh heh..."

Without hesitation, Marsh kissed her firmly on the lips. Apple hummed with pleased surprise. Marsh's hands rose to cup her cheeks, but Apple intercepted them on their way up to pull them close with her hands, and to rub her thumb across the tops of her knuckles.

Marsh broke away after a minute and averted her gaze, her blush extremely bright. Apple giggled. "Ooh, that was nice... My turn!"

"Marshmallow, what the heck?! I thought we were sticking together!"

The two turned to see Paintbrush walking over, looking half flustered and half annoyed. "Marsh, when you suggested coming to the museum for team building, I thought you meant the team!"

Marsh's bravado from earlier evaporated; she couldn't quite meet her friend in the eyes. Apple chirped, "Duh! We are team-building. And, uh, making art!"

"Is that what you're calling it now? ...Next time, just get a room like the rest of us."