Take the Third Option [Cheesy & Knife]

Knife and Cheesy have to take care of something for Mic.

Sooo! Remember Support Systems? Me neither! To this day it's my least popular oneshot in terms of views. I wrote it as a request for someone who wanted to see Cheesy x Knife in play. I went through a few concepts on how to write their dynamic because I wasn't sure what to do. I started with an outwardly antagonistic one (that never got past 400 words or so), then tried this one before settling on what I ultimately went with. The document this was in was last edited on July 9th, 2017!

This was created before the word "simp" was. :tada:

Read the real Support Systems that came to be by clicking on the link in this comment! Although it's old, I appreciate any and all views, votes, and comments. ^ ^

⁂⁂⁂

What're you doing right now?

Soap's text message came through as Mic was lazily browsing on her computer. Mic quickly picked up the phone and typed her response, which through the abbreviations and misspellings read: Nothing. How 'bout you?

Cleaning up my apartment.

Mic chuckled. 'Figures.' The three dots that signified that Soap was still typing danced across her screen before another text appeared:

I have to make sure it's spotless for when I get home from my trip.

More dots. Leave it to Soap to triple-text. Still, her typing speed was unbelievable, as it was only ten seconds before a huge text appeared: By the way, one of my club people dropped out of the trip even though he bought a ticket (family emergency). We can't refund the money, but you should totally come.

One more: We're going to the world's first and only cleaning museum!

Soap was the president and founder of the one, the only, "Cleaning Club." It wasn't nearly as cool as her other club, Ultimate Frisbee, but it was in a bustling city to the East. It'd be great to go, but...

I'm not sure I can, though. I need to get someone to take care of Casper. I don't think they'll let me bring him into the museum. I can't leave him alone for more than a day.

Seconds after Mic finished: You could just get someone to take care of him while you're gone. It's only three days, and all it is is cleaning out the litter box and feeding him, right?

'That's actually a good idea. Didn't think of that...' Mic typed out a response as quick as she could: Good point. It's short notice, but I'll ask someone. Gimme a minute.

Mic opened up her contacts. She didn't have a lot of friends at the college, admittedly, so she only had a few contacts. Without a doubt Balloon would be busy with Suitcase and running a benefit for the local animal shelter; they'd be too busy to do it. Marshmallow lived too far away to come over every day, and they hardly knew one another anyway. Fan had been in her high school anime club, but... no.

Taco was technically her roommate, but she'd obviously turn it into a debt to be repaid. The last time she'd been indebted to her, it hadn't been pretty. 'Besides, I'm pretty sure I haven't seen her in two days, so...'

That only left two individuals: Cheesy and Knife.

'Cheesy's kind of forgetful, and he's not really precise... but he'll also keep Casper company, which is definitely important. Knife has good attention to detail and he'll get the job done, but it's important that Casper gets some attention every single day. Hmm...'