A Rivalry to End All Rivalries [Apple & Teddy Bear]

Marshmallow has been kidnapped.

It's so easy to forget that Apple used to be a recommended character, and competed against nine other contestants for it. I wrote this in Fall 2017; Teddy Bear had a grudge against Apple for beating her in the paintgun contest, and kidnapped Marshmallow to lure her into a duel. I love writing Teddy Bear, and Apple's fun, too, but I probably won't get around to making a completed story out of it, as I have a lot of other ideas I want to get to. You never know, though! Regardless, I hope you find enjoyment in this relic!

⁂⁂⁂

"MARSHMALLOW! Marshmallow, come back!"

Apple didn't even glance around before charging headfirst in, as if she expected Marsh to come from behind one of the scary hedges on one side of the lot with spikes lining the leaves, or to emerge from one of the oily puddles on the concrete.

She panted heavily, then her limbs sagged.

Nobody was there.

Her eyes stretched wide. "Marshmallow... Oh God." True terror flashed across her face. "He shoulda took me instead. He's probably hurting her! I need to find her... call the police... but darn it, I don't know the phone number!"

She curled up and sat on the ground.

Not the move Marsh would make, the smart one, but there was nothing to it seemed like the more reasonable one. And she didn't know what 'assault' was, so...

"Nyeheh, you've come."

She wiped away a tear and jumped to her feet. Nobody to be seen.

"Are you the one who took Marshmallow?! Reveal yourself!"

There was a wooshing sound. Then there was a soft thud as a cloaked figure jumped twenty, twenty-five feet from Walmart's roof and landed in front of Apple, back facing her. It had a hat on, tilted forwards. Apple froze up.

Then the figure turned around and flicked the rim of his hat upwards. The expression on the kidnapper's face was a wicked grin with sharp teeth. He had a shiny red nose and eyes that glittered like evil buttons.

"Been a while."

Apple glared, hands clenching into fists. "Hi, can you tell me where Marshmallow is? I don't wanna be away from her."

"Hasty, hasty. We should do some catching up first." The smirk grew.

"I don't know or care."

"Wha- Wait a second, don't you recognize me?"

"Tell me where you're keeping her, please! It's like I'm useless without her!"

A growl. "No! Tell me you recognize me first!" He yanked his hat off, revealing a fuzzy head with two upright ears. "Tell me you've been expecting me!"

"She was like a walking dictionary! She always knew what words like 'recognize' mean. All I see is a HORRIBLE MAN who I don't know! Please, give her back."

The kidnapper trembled with rage. "Wha- I'm a woman, you dope! The one and only Teddy Bear!"

Apple blinked. "Never heard of ya."

"I guess you really are the same Apple. Even though, irritatingly, you've gotten taller." Teddy Bear flicked her in between the eyes; Apple reached up to rub the painful spot. "Such an idiot. Remember season one of Inanimate Insanity?"

"I... I guess...?"

"You humiliated me! You beat me at the paint gun contest, remember?! After a twenty-seven hour showdown you shot me with exploding paint!"

Apple rubbed her stem in thought. "...Was Marshmallow there?"

"Will you quit talking about her already?!"

Apple thought for another moment and soon replied, "Oh. Riiiight. But I still don't care."

Teddy Bear huffed. "We have the rivalry to end all rivalries, and you didn't even realize it. It'll make it all the easier to beat you." She snickered. I'll keep that in mind when I go back to your little friend..."

"What?! Let Marshmallow go!" Apple grabbed at her sleeve and tugged.

"Nope. Heading back to hurt her right now. And unless you want to be injured..." Teddy Bear took a gun out of one of the pockets on her tan cloak and pointed it straight at Apple's face. Apple fell back with a yelp.

"DON'T HURT HER! She's my best friend. She's tough but she's so delicate and sweet... release her at once!"

Teddy Bear laughed. "Nope. You're gonna have to fight me to get her back! And until you do, I'll just have to torture her!"

Cold terror made a pit in Apple's stomach. "You wouldn't," Apple breathed. "You wouldn't dare."

"I would dare," retorted she. "In fact, maybe I even have a livestream on my YouTube channel showing her torment right now!"

Teddy put away her gun in favor of a MePhone device. On it already was Marshmallow, sitting in a cage. She twiddled her thumbs, glancing around in the darkness. She looked vaguely irritated, munching on some Walmart cookies from a bag.

"You poisoned the cookies?! Oh no, she looks so scared! You're EVIL!"

"They aren't poisoned,," Teddy said wickedly. "But they're oatmeal raisin."

"Agh! You MONSTER!" Apple swiped at Teddy, who managed to sidestep her cleanly. Her momentum sent her into a filthy puddle.

Teddy stepped on top of her and trained the gun's barrel on her. "I could blow your brains out, and all you care about is her? What is she, your girlfriend?"

"...Girlfriend? I don't know what that is."

"Ehh, whatever." Teddy Bear stomped on her once more before hopping off. "I love dirty tricks, but this showdown needs to occur in a much more dramatic environment."

"What."

"A fight to the death," Teddy Bear clarified. "Winner takes Marshmallow. Loser gets crushed and humiliated!"

Apple got out of the puddle, shaking to get some of the dark water off of her. Droplets continued to run down her as she came to a full stand. "But can't we just work something out?"

"The alley behind Target. 7pm. Be there." Teddy disappeared in a puff of black smoke.