Chapter 7

People come and people go and that is how this world works. No one stays forever and no one can, but at least, we could for a short period of time, and for how long, no one knows.

People should be used to being left alone, and so some does. It was a cycle, a never ending cycle, a natural phenomenon in each people's lives. No one can do anything to make someone stay forever, and that's the truth. We were born alone, and we would die alone. The only difference was the journey we chose to have, the track we chose to follow and the path we chose to walk through.

We will all leave some time soon but the important thing is that we enjoyed and lived our life the way we want and to the fullest with important people we love and cherish.

When someone they love left, they found each other in that street covered with tiny bits of scratches that healed by the bandages they both had. And when they both separate due to the earth's nature of repelling and push-pulling, who would they see? Will they find someone better or will they find someone who can make them feel the way each other made? Or will they just smile with a lone tear dripping while looking at the same sky and whisper, 'You were the best person, my best part', without being able to have that best part again?

"Chaeng, sing me a song," Mina broke the silence that engulfed the both of them and looked up at Chaeyoung with a small smile plastered on her face, genuinely asking Chaeyoung to sing her a song with puppy eyes and pleading gaze.

Maybe for her to take note of every single detail of Chaeyoung's voice, maybe to let it pierce and linger inside her mind, and maybe to remember every hitching, lowering and rising of Chaeyoung's voice before she disappear...

Despite every random thing that's running inside her own head, Mina was smiling. Despite what's coming ahead right after this happiest moment that will soon just stay as a memory waiting to be forgotten, Mina was smiling. At least she was happy and she indeed had the best part of her life when she met Chaeyoung at that exact same street two years ago until this moment.

The moment she was about to end her life, she found a new reason to live in a personified form named Chaeyoung. The moment she was about to give up, she found a new reason to fight and stand up. The moment she broke down, she found someone who helped her in fixing herself. That moment will forever be scarred in her mind and heart, Chaeyoung's smiles will forever be tattooed in her memory, Chaeyoung's voice will always bring chills down her spine, the touch of Chaeyoung's hand will always be the most relaxing feeling ever.

Going back in her reverie, she was met by a soft pair of muddled eyes looking directly at her, marvelling and seeking for answers. So again, she just smiled at Chaeyoung, showing her sweet gums. She held her fist tightly closed inside her jacket, she is certain they are turning white if she can only see them, her nails burried into her own palm but she wasn't minding the pain, she bit her inner cheek while forcing herself to smile, she held back her tears, "Please, Chaengie..."

"Why do you want me to sing though? I ain't singer."

"Nothing. I just wanna memorize your voice before... you know..." Chaeyoung's brows furrowed again, in her face was confusion, she made her eyes smaller as she examines Mina before leaning forward to get a picture of the letter's flustered face from a nearer view.

"Before?"

"Before going home of course."

"Going home?" Chaeyoung asked again, Mina just gave her a nod and another smile. Still confused, she whispered, "Really? It feels wrong..."

In order to hide her bad feeling about what was happening soon, Chaeyoung giggled and took both of Mina's hand from her pocket then played with her fingers. She hung her head low and traced the lines on Mina's palm like a grade schooler learning how to write her name, but this time, she hopes she can write her own future in Mina's skin and let her hands hold and take control of her. She hopes she can tell her to do so...

"I want you to do me a favor in exchange..." Chaeyoung added before looking up then closed the distance between their warm bodies, hugging Mina, putting her head above Mina's shoulder, and caressing Mina's back which made the older girl shiver.

"Favor? What favor?"

"Be happy," Chaeyoung added, "Even without me."

"Why so sudden?"

"Don't know either. Just be happy."

Mina's tears fell unexpectedly. The feeling of Chaeyoung's warm hug made her teary and emotional to the point she wasn't able to hide all the flashing lights of negative ache. If she knew that Chaeyoung's hug feels like heaven, she should have hugged her before, she should have held Chaeyoung tighter and locked her between her arms, she should have closed the distance between them and buried her body into Chaeyoung's warmth way more early.

Is this what she's gonna miss?

Having someone who genuinely wants you to be happy feels great, but in their case, how would Mina be happy without the only person that makes her smile? She was confused about her feelings, but at this exact moment, she was sure... she loves Chaeyoung.

But then again, silence swallowed the both of them and the only sound they can hear were crickets and some low noises made by passersby from afar. Chaeyoung's lips unknowingly curved upwards. But although she felt herself flashing a smile because of the warm and comfortable embrace, her eyes failed to smile along her lips and tears began flowing, too. She tried wiping them out but it just keeps on dripping. The genuine wish, will also be a goodbye favor. How great...

She wants what's best for Mina, she wants her happiness even if that happiness could never be her and could never be by her side. If that's the case, though, she's willing to let go. She already had an idea on what might happen after this night, but she still refuse to believe the hunch until Mina talks about it and confirms she isn't overanalyzing. But if ever her conclusion and the hints she gathered were true, she just wants Mina to be happy, at least...

Hearing the words that escaped the younger's lips, Mina was afraid she can't, but still, she nodded and flashed a smile in between her sobs although the latter won't see. She wanted to reassure Chaeyoung that she'll do that favor with all her best, even if she herself can't guarantee her own happiness.

With that simple response, Chaeyoung gathered herself back together and took a deep breath, giggling and wiping her eyes while still seizing Mina in a warm hug, she started humming a familiar song.

Mina close her eyes and let Chaeyoung's soothing voice linger in her ear with each words piercing through her own chest, the way Chaeyoung let out every word made her heart ache, the way Chaeyoung sung her feelings silently was too much to handle and makes her want to cry, the way Chaeyoung's voice calms her near crashing system yet tears her heart into pieces was painful.

Mina closed her eyes and felt it get stained and wet with tears that are near to dripping and spilling out again, but she stopped it right in time before it even fell and cause more pain for the both of them for she may drop something more than those tears. She wiped her almost falling tears naturally, not wanting anyone to know and see her almost breaking down, not wanting Chaeyoung to hear her sobs.

Under the same sky, they were there, sitting side by side and holding each other close as if they have their own world and no one was around except the two of them, in which they are. Under the same sky, whilst the leaves that turned red were falling, two hearts bound to break soon beat together in a synchronized pattern. Under the same sky that autumn, they both felt their breath hitching because of too much untold feelings, words and secrets they both hid just to prolong the best time of their lives.

"It's getting dark..." Chaeyoung looked up at the sky after finishing one done, and saw only a faint hint of light, except the light coming from the moon and stars that has appeared eventually while they were unaware and too busy to even care.

"Yeah... isn't it amazing how the stars and moon compliment the night sky?"

"Just like how those beauty marks compliment your face?" Chaeyoung whispered cheekily, "Yeah, it is indeed amazing."