Chapter 12

"Your eyes flickered a lighter shade of happiness when you saw her face, you love her," she smiled while throwing a gaze upon Mina. A smile so forced she could feel the bitterness against her own lips and face, it might be forced and it is, but she tried to deliver it as genuinely as she could.

The way Mina's eyes sparkled like stars by seeing the girl's picture is familiar because that is how she looks at Mina, that is how happy she is by seeing just a picture of Mina's back or side taken from behind a tree while she was following her on a street to keep her safe 'til she gets home.

The way Mina smiled during the times she was Chaeyoung every autumn is familiar because that is how she smile whenever she sees Mina happy, even when someone else is the reason.

As she got used to during the past years, she was also silently following Mina earlier right before when she ran for the bus' direction. And the way Mina's tears flowed earlier was familiar because that is how she cries whenever she felt lonely and all by herself... whenever she feels that Mina could only be the one to fill that hole of emptiness although she knew Mina would never do it.

Nevertheless, Jeongyeon swept away all the thoughts and brought her attention back to the girl who is still sitting stunned, her body was stiff against the couch, her eyes were fixated at the opened folder, her grip tightened on both of the cardboard's edges.

Mina cursed inside her head and aggressively threw the folder away like an angry child unwanted to follow a command. She bit her cheeks from the inside and gritted her teeth then clenched her jaw whilst closing her fists above her knee firmly, her breathing shallow and ragged.

And Jeongyeon was shocked to witness the sudden burst out, she was left glued on her own seat and abashed. She found herself unable to process what was happening at the moment, and Mina is acting different, so Jeonyeon looked at the latter with clear fear in her asking eyes.

"All this time... all this time you knew I was inlove with the daughter Son Seunghoon, all this time you knew..." Mina bit her lips, "you were the girl I noticed and you always watch us from afar. You know everything yet you played with us while enjoying the show you plotted yourself. This is just like how you kept my parents' case unbeknownst to me. You are the worst, Jeongyeon."

"Mina I–"

"How bad and cruel of a person can you be, huh?"

"I THOUGHT IT WON'T MATTER! YOU LOVE HER, DON'T YOU?!"

"STILL, YOU SHOULD HAVE TOLD ME! WE MET BEFORE, RIGHT? YOU KNEW EVERYTHING BUT YOU CHOSE TO SHUT YOUR MOUTH DESPITE KNOWING WHAT IS GOING ON!"

"FOR WHAT? FOR YOU TO THINK THAT I AM SAYING THOSE TO RUIN HER AND YOUR MOMENT WITH HER BECAUSE I AM INLOVE WITH YOU?" Jeongyeon yelled back. She then stood up from her seat, punching the couch using both of her fists and pushing her body up.

All she did was love Mina from afar. All she did was protect her, be with her through everything, drown with her whenever she's drowning, find her whenever she's lost, call her name whenever she forgets about herself... even without her knowing. Only to be called cruel, bad. How unfortunate... And that hits her so hard...

"YOU SHOULD HAVE TOLD ME EVERYTHING BECAUSE I HAVE THE RIGHT TO KNOW!"