Chapter 11

Losing your love ones is a different kind of pain.

Jeongyeon has felt just that years ago, and she's not being true if she says she never tried imagining her current life if her parents were with her... but both of them died in an accident when she was still a kid, and she never had the chance to show them how she is going to become one of the most successful and most brilliant CEO. Not when they happened to die too early to witness their child running and managing a big ass company.

Mina, on the other hand, experienced the same but in a way different timing. She grew up with her parents and got used to them who always take care of her and shower her with genuine and overflowing love and care. And when they were murdered senselessly, they had denied her rights of being informed about the whole case as if she wasn't the daughter of the two victims, and as if she still wasn't on her right age to understand what's going on...

Mina closed her eyes and leaned her back against the couch. She then sighed deeply before covering her whole face with the both of her palm.

On the other hand, Jeongyeon did also the same and let herself fall back down the couch, but with her eyes widely opened. Her hands and fingers were fidgeting passively because of nervousensss, her dark brown orbs were wandering in the whole room as if the sight is new to her eyes, as if the area was too big and she sees too many interesting things that made her look around looking amazed, when in fact, she always see those and lives exactly right there.

"The clouds look amazing," Jeongyeon murmured unexpectedly that even she herself got taken aback. Her eyes widen and she immediately faced down to avoid Mina's seemingly burning gaze that looked straight at her with confusion after hearing what she just said. Who the hell would talk about clouds in this situation? That was a dumb move to start a conversation again and to kill the silence, and not to mention that it made the awkwardness worse than ever before.

They were stuck inside Jeongyeon's place, the windows and curtains were closed that any light from outside couldn't even pass in, the door was also shut, they can't even see nor hear the world outside. Though with lack of a glimpse outside where darkness has crept over, when Mina has calm down a bit, the air suddenly turned soothing and relaxing like the feeling in between the black.

Jeongyeon, although she is still embarrassed, she stood up in a daze... but also felt her legs shake when she felt two piercing orbs staring directly at her and watching her moves. She gulped, "I'll take a glass of water. Would you like water, juice, tea or me?" she joked and faked a laugh, but Mina shut scoffed and didn't release any reaction except a frown. So, Jeongyeon cleared her throat before asking again, "Kidding aside. So, water, juice or tea?"

"Water will do, Jeongyeon-ssi." Mina answered formally before leaning back again, closing her eyes, and going back back to concentrating, more like overthinking, processing the things she just gathered, and making guesses. If her mind could burst and explode by doing just that, she might have exploded into pieces right now.

Before proceeding to her fridge and fetch some water, Jeongyeon looked back at the girl with closed eyes, stealing a glance and smiling like an idiot. Everything's gonna be fine. She believes that Mina will get through this weaker proponent because she already did with much harder packs and won those every battle. Mina is just facing the ghost of her parents' death and the mourning she experienced years ago... and Jeongyeon knew she became way stronger than before, that she can handle it by herself and in a more matured way.

As of the moment, Mina's mind is doing wwondes and confusions regarding everything with the time she was at her happiest included... including the time she was with Chaeyoung. The clock tick tocks and run, and Mina's mind is doing parkour, swings, somersaults with thoughts near to overflowing and dripping out. She wanted to scream and lessen the heaviness she feels in her chest but she was lost for words.