Chapter 2 "How is it working with you?"

I came to the office at 6 am, I'm always an hour early prior to appointments.

"Clair, haven't I told you to choose from the three and to choose the best?! How come you've chosen this guy?!?"

"Miss Ivy, I saw that he was from the same college you were in so I thought maybe you'd like it if you knew the person you'll be working with..."

"We just graduated from the same college, but I don't know this guy!!! Do you want me to fire you!?!"

"Miss Ivy I'm really sorry..."

*Knock*knock

"Leave this room, tell the one who's knocking that he may enter..."

"Miss Yin" it's Yuan

"Don't call me that, call me Miss Ivy"

"Miss Ivy..." he repeats

"I wasn't expecting that you'll be the new MD, your family's well off so I don't get why you're here"

"I'm not in contact with them"

"Well I don't care! I also don't want to listen to stories..."

"Miss Ivy, before anything else, I'm sorry I said bad things about you 5 years ago I really didn't know..."

"Perhaps you had just an awful habit of judging people, that's why I actually don't like you here in my company, but what can I do? My secretary who sucked at judging people's personality hired and signed you in... If it was me, you'd probably not be here..."

"Miss Ivy..."

"You said you're the new MD? I'll see your performance through this project, if you sucked at it, I'll use it as my ground to fire you..." I handed him a folder

The folder contains the information and the revised proposal for the opening of our new Hotel. I still don't like the revised proposal and it hasn't caught my fancy...

"I'm still not contented with that proposal, I don't care how you will do it, revise or do it all over again, I'm giving you 3 days to come with the best proposal..."

"Three days?"

"You can't do it? Then maybe you shouldn't have applied here!"

"No, I'll make it better"

We'll see...

"I'm not easy to please and I don't settle for 'Better' I want 'Best'!! You may leave..."

"Okay"

He then left my office...

Yuan's POV

"I'm not easy to please and I don't settle for 'Better' I want 'Best'!! You may leave..."

I excused myself from her office and her secretary showed up

"Sir shall I lead you to your office?"

"Yes please..."

"By the way I am Clair Mundo miss Ivy's secretary for 5 years but I'm with this company for 7 years."

"I see, I'm Yuan Mendez, stupid me perhaps you know my name from the resume I sent you"

"Its fine sir... anyway here's your office..." she said as she opened the door

"Ummmm... are you sure? this seems to be a storage room"

The room is at a terrible state, there were storage boxes on the floor, a simple working table and a normal chair, well, should I be thankful that at least there is an aircon in the room?