Chapter 9 "And to tell you"

Yuan Mendez POV

I still don't understand what was happening...

"I told you, you should know her more." Loren said, appearing out of nowhere

"What's happening?"

"Ivy's probably leaving, why don't you accompany her..."

I saw ivy walking down the aisle towards the exit. I waited for her at the entrance of the church. She saw me standing there. She turned around and took a glance at the two at the front.

"Miss Ivy" I said concerned, whether she needs a company.

I saw her eyes welling up with tears. Is she perhaps heartbroken? But her smile says the otherwise as she looked at the two in front.

"have you heard?" she suddenly spoke

"About what?" I said

"The one who wears the crown bears the weight."

"What do you mean?"

"As the Heir, he couldn't be with his true love so he ran from home stopped connecting with his parents that's when I totally lost contact of him, he supported himself for those years, he's been with her through all those years , she's his strength, but she also became his weakness. She's terminally ill and in order to save her, he has to leave her side and come back to his father's company to ask for a medical support for her, his father asked him to save the company and to fulfill a promise between our dads and that is to have us married to each other, that's why he asked to marry me even though we both knew we love each other in a different way."

She paused and smiled while looking at Yang dearly. Then she continued.

"Look at the weights we carry just because we wear the crown, we may have a huge Kingdom we run but it comes with a great responsibility. The reason why I agreed is that, I know Yang would be a perfect husband. If I would marry someday, he would probably be the perfect one and for the fact that they helped us before when our company was in a bind. I was just returning the favor, but I couldn't tie my brother down into a vow that's going to hurt us both in the long run. I told his parents what I thought about this marriage and what I really felt for Yang, I offered to help Golden Dragons on the top of my ability. Gladly, they understood where I am coming from. He's very precious to me, I do love him, he's the other half of me, we're like twins... Seeing him happy now is more than enough..."

After hearing that, my heart was touched, and it ached at the same time. Her love for Yang is beyond comparable. Her sincerity will move your soul. She's the purest person I ever met. She loves the people around her unconditionally. I believe this is the reason why it's not difficult to love her. Her personality will make you fall for her more.

"Mind if you drive?" she threw her car keys at me which I was able to catch.

"To where?"

"I'm going home..." she smiled...

She walked towards her car and I opened the door for her. It's too quiet.

"If you're Happy then why are you crying?" I said trying to break the silence.

"I know he'll be hurt, if only the heavens could prioritize my prayers to bestow a miracle on her."

"What do you mean?"

"She has pancreatic cancer, stage 4. The doctor says she only has few months to live. I don't want Yang to be left broken, I never went to church since, 5 years ago but for Yang, he made me hope she'll experience a miracle."

Yang's impact in Ivy's life is definitely more than I thought off, I wish I could impact her life in the same way.

"Yuan, I booked you a ticket to fly with me to Korea tomorrow."