Chapter 3 "Rain? Then I'll stay for more"

Yuan Mendez's POV

I have to report to Miss Yin about the new progress of the project that is why I'm heading to her office...

"Mr. Mendez?"

"Secretary Clair... Is Miss Yin around?"

"Miss Yin?"

"I mean miss Ivy..."

"Don't ever call her by that name if you don't want her blood spike up..."

"May I know why? I think Yin fits her more..."

"I don't know the exact reason though. Why are you looking for her anyway?"

"Ah... I'm just going to give her this report about the progress of the project for the hotel"

"You can just leave it on her table..."

"I have something to talk to her about some changes of the plan I need to explain it personally ASAP..."

"Does it need to be done today?"

"Yes..."

"But she never comes to work after she finishes a court hearing."

"She had a court hearing today?"

"Yes... ah! If it's really urgent you can go and give her that personally."

"That'll be better..."

I drove to the court to give her personally the report and talk about the change I'm proposing for the advertisement.

Oh! There are several hearings I don't know which court she's in.

"Sir are you looking for something?"

"Ahhh yes! Where is the hearing of Ms. Yin Ivy Lee?"

"Ahhh the rape case..."

"yes..."

"It's on the second court"

"Thank you"

I went inside the court and sat on the 1st bench, just at the back of the assailant's party since it's the only available seat.

"You can't consider it rape they are in a relationship!!" the opposite attorney said

"With all due respect your honor, my client was indeed in a relationship with this guy but she never consented for them to have sex!! And according to her blood chemistry she was intoxicated with some drugs that made her fell asleep she couldn't defend herself!"

The speech re-battle between the two attorneys continued, Miss Yin was composed even if she gets attacked by the other party. Meanwhile she attacks with facts and evidences she has in hand, I bet they have the upper hand. This is such a new side of my boss she seems like a great warrior in a battle.

The court will take a few minutes for a recess and the decision of the judge will be given afterwards.

"They have too much evidence against us..." I heard the assailant whispered to his attorney

"Don't worry sir, we've paid the judge with a bountiful amount" his attorney replied

They bribed the judge?! Miss yin should know about this or else they'll lose. I kept looking at Miss Yin so she could notice me...

Miss Yin... please look this way...

But she won't

Miss yin... Oh!! she saw me... she's waving her phone... does she want me to look at mine?

I took my phone out and saw a message

<Why are you here?> could this be her? I looked at her and she raised an eyebrow